Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    NicolasD is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I don't know. However I hope you watch tennis.

    And for the previous post... I've seen the video, and I have cheered for Marco. You couldn't even begin to guess the happiness i've had watching matrix tackling sheva. Also because I've seen worst thing in soccer... See the scandal in italy, or the referee in germany that sold his matches.

    And if you haven't guessed, i'm an inter fan.

  2. #12
    jamie1990 is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iewa
    Aaaa....I was always taught that the other name for rugby is "American football", that's why I don't differentiate terms football/soccer. But I thought that the name soccer is actually an English one, not American. ^^
    What did they teach me in that school!? :P
    don't try to continue as though you've caught him out when your first attempt clearly backfired. It's embarrassing.

  3. #13
    iewa is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    not where I'd like to u.u
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamie1990
    don't try to continue as though you've caught him out when your first attempt clearly backfired. It's embarrassing.
    What?..*reading again*....What?
    Why are you so weird? If I understood it right, you don't believe that I didn't know the difference between soccer and football?? God, be more precise, cause I'm good at "reading between the lines" in English. :X

    And just to be clear: I was honest with the soccer/football problem, not trying to catch him out!
    Embarrassed?

  4. #14
    jamie1990 is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iewa
    What?..*reading again*....What?
    Why are you so weird? If I understood it right, you don't believe that I didn't know the difference between soccer and football?? God, be more precise, cause I'm good at "reading between the lines" in English. :X

    And just to be clear: I was honest with the soccer/football problem, not trying to catch him out!
    Embarrassed?
    i'm not particularly bothered either way I just thought you should know.

  5. #15
    reila382 is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Yes, Materazzi dives, as does the rest of the Italian team. I cannot count the number of times I saw one of their guys stretchered off, only to be back on the field without even a limp two seconds later. I understand it's a tactic that a lot of players use in soccer, however it is a pathetic tatic that fifa needs to try putting an end to.
    I prefer honest teams such as England over teams that merely win such as Italy.

  6. #16
    iewa is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    not where I'd like to u.u
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamie1990
    i'm not particularly bothered either way I just thought you should know.
    Oh god, there she goes again.
    Don't make such blank statements just after you heard you were wrong. Maybe try appoligizing instead. Or if you're not capable of it, don't talk at all.

  7. #17
    NicolasD is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reila382
    Yes, Materazzi dives, as does the rest of the Italian team. I cannot count the number of times I saw one of their guys stretchered off, only to be back on the field without even a limp two seconds later. I understand it's a tactic that a lot of players use in soccer, however it is a pathetic tatic that fifa needs to try putting an end to.
    I prefer honest teams such as England over teams that merely win such as Italy.
    Have you seen the match between Italy and Usa? I think so. And I think that you don't think that the two red card were right.
    And actually England is not so honest as you would like.

    Ps. If you push a player from behind, it's a foul. I've not seen in the final the referee to whistle one of the many push that toni had to suffer.

  8. #18
    Sensimilija is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    HBG 042
    Posts
    1,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mangaviewer1987
    who watch the soccer game France vs italy, it was slow and kinda boring until the shootouts. It is so sad that guy have to retire having a red card thrown out of a game because he headbutt an player to the ground.....

    It was the guy you are watching in this video Materazzi rofl.. He is known for playing like this and yesterday he pissed Zidane off and look what happend to him
    "Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real" - Tupac Shakur (1971-1996)

  9. #19
    reila382 is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NicolasD
    Have you seen the match between Italy and Usa? I think so. And I think that you don't think that the two red card were right.
    And actually England is not so honest as you would like.

    Ps. If you push a player from behind, it's a foul. I've not seen in the final the referee to whistle one of the many push that toni had to suffer.
    I'm not sure what any of this has to do with what I said since I was talking about diving and the way players dramatize their "injuries," except for the England bit...and in response to that:
    I'm not gonna say that England's 100% honest, however compared to most teams they are quite honorable and are often criticized for being too honest.

  10. #20
    NicolasD is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reila382
    I'm not sure what any of this has to do with what I said since I was talking about diving and the way players dramatize their "injuries," except for the England bit...and in response to that:
    I'm not gonna say that England's 100% honest, however compared to most teams they are quite honorable and are often criticized for being too honest.
    I've asked that question because americans have accused italy of being divers. Especially against the USA (see the two red card, that were correct).
    And England actually is famous because of the wags, and not for the player. That are yes correct, but also very rough (see Rooney and Beckam).

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79