Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    Maho_chan1 is offline Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakko
    I am sure that someone could have properly taken care of it...
    even though.. do u think a cat like that will live?? i doubt it..besides u cant compare humans to animals.they both differ in the way they live . animals life is waaaaaaaaaaaaay different than ours.
    Maho_chan1: Marry Meeeeeeee Miroku-Sama

  2. #22
    Saizou is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakko
    Yeah, and all those human babies born with deformities and missing appendages, they need to die too, for their own sake....Oh wait...

    As long as there is life, there is hope. I think that it would not be right to kill that kitten if it had lived. In my opinion, as long as there is life, there is hope, I am sure that someone could have properly taken care of it...
    As far as I know nearly all cyclopian deformations are lethal. Thus it would be far more humane to put the cat out of its misery because it will die pretty soon anyway.

  3. #23
    Jakko's Avatar
    Jakko is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Carolina, US
    Posts
    4,503

    Default

    As far as I know nearly all cyclopian deformations are lethal. Thus it would be far more humane to put the cat out of its misery because it will die pretty soon anyway.
    Like you said, "nearly" all. And like I said, "if it had lived." I am talking in the realm of hypotheticals. Now, as long as there is the possibility that the cat would live, I don't see it as humane at all. Killing something when it has the ability to live a full life is not humane, it is snuffing out the flame of life, that is inhumane.

    Now, if the animal had an incurable disease that would make them a danger to others(rabies, ebola, zombie mutant brain eating virus', ect.), by all means, blow its head off. I did that to my dog when he got rabies, he died cleanly. Oh Snuffy, I miss you...

  4. #24
    child_of_serenity's Avatar
    child_of_serenity is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In the depths of a vast swamp...
    Posts
    2,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CsuTiBea
    but then so is the diff color eyed cat!!! xD
    That's what my kitty lucy looks like...she's so pretty ^-^
    Last edited by child_of_serenity; 06-30-2006 at 10:51 AM.

  5. #25
    Valleyman is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    274

    Default

    @Jakko So what your saying is that should a horse break its leg you would rather it languish in misery than die quickly. See this is the thing I just don't get about religous zealots. You claim that there is a better place for humans(and sometimes animals depending on your religon and sect)yet your so unwilling to go or to send anybody there.

  6. #26
    Jakko's Avatar
    Jakko is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Carolina, US
    Posts
    4,503

    Default

    Well, lets see, last time I checked, I would rather a vet fix the horse's leg, and allow it to heal, and the horse can be used for less intensive things, like studding, being a cop horse, ect. That happened to a horse recently, didn't it? What was that name? Oh, I remember, Barbaro, the most famous horse in the world right now. And it happened to Charismatic back in '99. We no longer need to kill lame horses.

    And I can explain why "religious zealots" are against killing. It is because they are zealots, and follow their beliefs, and if their religion tells them not to kill, then they are morally, ethically, and religiously opposed to it. And you seem to be mixing up killing humans with killing in general. I have few qualms about actually killing an animal, when it will benefit them or us, I am only against killing humans, but see the killing of animals that you are talking about as a waste of life, and I see life as a precious thing in all its forms.

    P.S. - I think your sig is too big. I might be wrong, but you should check it before another mod sees it.

  7. #27
    child_of_serenity's Avatar
    child_of_serenity is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In the depths of a vast swamp...
    Posts
    2,321

    Default

    I don't see anything wrong with killing anything....except for Lucy in the sky of diamonds...because she is so white and has one blue eye and one brownish eye...and she loves me and she’s white and soft. But honestly y isn't going to live long on it’s own it can’t survive with out help...and is likely to die of starvation. Or even infanticide...because the mother cat would kill it. Or other cats would kill it.

    I don't see how helping it live is good either.

  8. #28
    Valleyman is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakko
    Well, lets see, last time I checked, I would rather a vet fix the horse's leg, and allow it to heal, and the horse can be used for less intensive things, like studding, being a cop horse, ect. That happened to a horse recently, didn't it? What was that name? Oh, I remember, Barbaro, the most famous horse in the world right now. And it happened to Charismatic back in '99. We no longer need to kill lame horses.

    And I can explain why "religious zealots" are against killing. It is because they are zealots, and follow their beliefs, and if their religion tells them not to kill, then they are morally, ethically, and religiously opposed to it. And you seem to be mixing up killing humans with killing in general. I have few qualms about actually killing an animal, when it will benefit them or us, I am only against killing humans, but see the killing of animals that you are talking about as a waste of life, and I see life as a precious thing in all its forms.

    P.S. - I think your sig is too big. I might be wrong, but you should check it before another mod sees it.
    Your confusing the example with the point. What right do humans have to make animals or even other humans(only on a consentual basis)suffer just for their religous or philosophical beliefs. Also, on the basis of religons being against killing it seems to me that such rules fade in and out based on whether it's convinent to the church or sect at the time.Throughout history and even today you get examples of religons that have as a basis of the religon rules against killing that do it for riches, religous beliefs, and even things so petty as land rights.
    P.S. The sig may appear large since most people have gone with a better safe than sorry attitude, however it was made to be exactly as large as the limit.

  9. #29
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    I believe if the cat is going to live its life in a lot of pain, especially if it won't be a long life, it would be better to let it die (naturally if possible - like in this case - or by euthanasia if not). I also believe the same for humans.

    That said, I don't think it should die just because it was different. It was actually kinda cute. ^_^ I just feel really bad that it couldn't live without pain...
    ~Digital_Eon~




  10. #30
    flash is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by child_of_serenity
    I don't see anything wrong with killing anything....except for Lucy in the sky of diamonds...because she is so white and has one blue eye and one brownish eye...and she loves me and she’s white and soft. But honestly y isn't going to live long on it’s own it can’t survive with out help...and is likely to die of starvation. Or even infanticide...because the mother cat would kill it. Or other cats would kill it.
    I don't see how helping it live is good either.
    oo really? cos have different colored eye cat? nice, why it can't survive without help?

    If the one eyed cat had lived and had been able to take care of himself like other cat, like getting his prepared food, walk, run, I would take care of it. Animals have more survival instinct than human.

    anyway this is a pic of a cat chasing a bear off.

    wow I couldn't believe bears are afraid of cat?

 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79