View Poll Results: Abortion

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro-life - abortion is bad!

    10 16.13%
  • Pro-choice - Women have th right to abort!

    24 38.71%
  • Pro-life personal, pro-choice political

    5 8.06%
  • Anti-life/pro-abortion - Kill all the babies!

    5 8.06%
  • Pro-choice buts- Only if it is rape or could kill the mother.

    10 16.13%
  • Don't care...this is a womans thing

    8 12.90%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 153
  1. #11
    thatthat is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    u.s. of a
    Posts
    357

    Default

    i'm pro choice all the way. it's the damn girls body so what if she wants to get rid of luggage's.
    first off, life is WAY OVER RATED!! *cough *cough
    so what if that thing that "could" be living, isn't?
    life is precious blah blah, blah.
    there is nothing wrong with killing the unliving. hell, we kill the possibilty of having a child every day; by not having sex, by masturbating (men), by having periods (women, monthly only) each one of those have killed the "potential future" of a child (that isn't there). so i dont see whats so wrong about killing "potential future" when its at a developed staged.
    having sex alot is a different issue from abortion and i see what cpr is talking about but that problem well never change no matter what! people well always wanna fuck.

  2. #12
    Aradiel is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In your face!
    Posts
    650

    Default

    I don't really regard people as having moral value, so I don't have a problem with it.

    Pro-choice.
    "Beer is the mind killer. Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and through me, and when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. When the beer has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    Make beer, not war.

  3. #13
    mrkaka is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1

    Default

    so cpr guy is suppose, if your girlfriend was raped, or ur mom, or someone from ur family, u would have no problem with having them the rapers-kid??
    bull-shit
    woman should have the choice to have the kid or not. Its in the beginning just some cells or just a little ball of meath with arms and legs etc... if u consider that killing something, a thing without any real functions yet, then u might as well become a vegeterian, or is killing animals, who can live happy and have fun, for ur food ok? that would be hypocritical.

    Oh and pre-marial sex is ok, dont see the problem, but hey, u r prolly all from that hypocritic country called the USA or from a church...

  4. #14
    Schiljo is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Heaven or hell
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolpuprocks
    Are you sure it was me? Some reason.. I have no rememberance of deleting an abortion thread. Did it get uberly spammy or something?

    Abortion = Bad.

    Firstly,
    Obviously, if abortions are legal it would be abused. Teenage mothers who got pregnant while under the influence/fooling around would more likely abuse the abortion pill. Their mindset would be "Oh, I can get fucked without consequences! woot!"

    Secondly,
    A lot of people criticize me for this by saying "what if the mother was rape?? Is it fair for the mother to endure the pain of giving birth to a kid that only brings back memories of a psychological painful memory?

    I have two answers for this.

    (1) Think of the child and his/her's future! Stop calling the baby a friggin fetus. Does it calm your conscience by saying "I'm killing a fetus and not a baby/person." ?!?

    Abortions kill

    a potential future child,
    a potential future sister/brother,
    someone's potential best friend
    someone's potential relative (uncle, aunt, cousin, ect.)
    someone's potential wife/husband.

    Try thinking of it from this perspective. Wouldn't your life be SO much different if your mother aborted your sibbling? Your best friend's mother aborthed your best friend?

    Wouldn't you be a LITTLE bit sad? Pain? A feeling of Loss?
    How can you say abortions are good??

    Fact: Every living being in the world will affect the life of another.

    (2) In the worse case scenario, put the child up for adoptions.

    Again, I often get criticized that "Oh, the child will live a horrible lonely life! No true family! No friends! Bitter, poor, and horrible! Tis better to die than to enter a cruel world!"

    It is better to live than to die. Don't let anyone or any situation tell you otherwise.

    I have no regrets living. Even in trials and tribulations, I rather live than die. Do you? (emo?)
    genetical and hereditary diseases

    example: if you have aids and you know your kid will have it is it really fair to bring him into the world under those conditions

  5. #15
    98abaile's Avatar
    98abaile is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    An Englishman in a shithole somewhere in Wales.
    Posts
    7,892

    Default

    I'm pro choice, 'cos personally, I don't see a human being as being alive until it is sentient (but that down to how I choose to define life, which I won't go into now).
    I also fucking hate babies.

  6. #16
    Saizou is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Oh wow. This topic again. I remember the last one in which I and Jakko went around in circles for three pages or so before the thread was deleted. Frankly I don't see the point of debating this topic, since people never seem to argue logically and instead resort to all sorts of emotional and irrational bullshit.

    For the record, I'm pro-choice because I value the woman's right to liberty over the child's right to life. This is based on utilitarian reasoning, so if anyone wants to argue against my position, please do so by demonstrating why abortions lead to less utility.

  7. #17
    Spurgu is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    In your pants. OO BOY
    Posts
    2,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolpuprocks
    Are you sure it was me? Some reason.. I have no rememberance of deleting an abortion thread. Did it get uberly spammy or something?

    Abortion = Bad.

    Firstly,
    Obviously, if abortions are legal it would be abused. Teenage mothers who got pregnant while under the influence/fooling around would more likely abuse the abortion pill. Their mindset would be "Oh, I can get fucked without consequences! woot!"

    Secondly,
    A lot of people criticize me for this by saying "what if the mother was rape?? Is it fair for the mother to endure the pain of giving birth to a kid that only brings back memories of a psychological painful memory?

    I have two answers for this.

    (1) Think of the child and his/her's future! Stop calling the baby a friggin fetus. Does it calm your conscience by saying "I'm killing a fetus and not a baby/person." ?!?

    Abortions kill

    a potential future child,
    a potential future sister/brother,
    someone's potential best friend
    someone's potential relative (uncle, aunt, cousin, ect.)
    someone's potential wife/husband.

    Try thinking of it from this perspective. Wouldn't your life be SO much different if your mother aborted your sibbling? Your best friend's mother aborthed your best friend?

    Wouldn't you be a LITTLE bit sad? Pain? A feeling of Loss?
    How can you say abortions are good??

    Fact: Every living being in the world will affect the life of another.

    (2) In the worse case scenario, put the child up for adoptions.

    Again, I often get criticized that "Oh, the child will live a horrible lonely life! No true family! No friends! Bitter, poor, and horrible! Tis better to die than to enter a cruel world!"

    It is better to live than to die. Don't let anyone or any situation tell you otherwise.

    I have no regrets living. Even in trials and tribulations, I rather live than die. Do you? (emo?)

    Thanks CPR, I wish everyone were like you...

    I feel like I can leave something of me to this world.. a child..

    :EVILGRIN:


    No vote, its woman's own decision.

    Wanna understand my siggie? Watch out for this forum troll. Click
    here

  8. #18
    reccacomic is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pulua Ubin
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exactly
    I'm not religious, so I'm definitely pro-abortion. The choice is ultimately up the woman herself. If she doesn't have the financial means to give the child a good upbringing, or if she's not going to love him or her, then she should be able to abort and save herself, and her future child, a lot of unecessary suffering.

    And when you abort a baby, the foetus is really just a small bundle of cells. There's no way there can be a consciousness or a human life yet.
    Well In Biology, they taught us that a foetus which is 2 weeks old have a basic human shapes and are concious abt their surroundings... so i do not quite agree that U say they are a bundle of cells there...

    But i'm pro-choice...

  9. #19
    Quiraikotsu is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Behind you... BWHAHAHAH
    Posts
    2,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 98abaile
    I'm pro choice, 'cos personally, I don't see a human being as being alive until it is sentient (but that down to how I choose to define life, which I won't go into now).
    I also fucking hate babies.
    =0 how could you hate babies?? they're so adorable! except when they cry all night and puke on your fave clothes course... ah well.
    cpr has a point... but to be honest, i think it's up the mum (and the dad and the girls parents etc etc) to make up the decision. but mainly the mum's choice. if they just slept around and decided to whine about it afterwards though... no abortion for them i say.

  10. #20
    cpr's Avatar
    cpr
    cpr is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrkaka
    so cpr guy is suppose, if your girlfriend was raped,
    O_o.

    That would make me a lesbian! =P

    ...

    I already explained myself to everybody. I told you already what I feel about the rape scenario.

    Pro-life! Woot!!!!

 

 
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162