Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46

Thread: New captains

  1. #11
    redrum305 is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    457

    Default

    I understand what you meant by anyone with reiatsu is a potential shinigami but that only involves dead human souls. Ichigo is a born-shinigami or pure blood if i may say. They aren't in contact with Urahara so they can't possibly knows anything that he knows. Now what I really want to know is how does Rukia knows about Ichigo's Hollow? who told her? the only person to witness it in SS is Byakuya and he's not the type to go tell people about that. When Rukia mentionned the hollow inside Ichigo, Renji didn't seem surprised neither. Or is it more than meets the eye for that skull head thing that Ukitake gave Ichigo.
    Now about the pace that SS is going, i agree that it is too fast. they should at least do some chapters explaining that or include it in the fillers or something. They forcefully pushed the characters(visiting shinigamis) in the real world witout sayin what kind of development SS is going. That is one of the Knock i guess you could say that i have on kubo, and it is the fact that he rushes the story way too much.

  2. #12
    Cricket_Nip is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The other side of the world
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redrum305
    I understand what you meant by anyone with reiatsu is a potential shinigami but that only involves dead human souls. Ichigo is a born-shinigami or pure blood if i may say.
    Er... I don't get your point here. If he's a born-shinigami, then doesn't that increase the chances of him being a shinigami and make it less surprising?

    Quote Originally Posted by redrum305
    They aren't in contact with Urahara so they can't possibly knows anything that he knows.
    Urahara was a captain (the head of the Research center, I believe), remember. He knows what they know and they know a lot of what he knows. Hell, he probably discovered half of what they know. They also have Mayuri conducting experiments, so they are often learning new things.

    Quote Originally Posted by redrum305
    Now what I really want to know is how does Rukia knows about Ichigo's Hollow? who told her? the only person to witness it in SS is Byakuya and he's not the type to go tell people about that. When Rukia mentionned the hollow inside Ichigo, Renji didn't seem surprised neither. Or is it more than meets the eye for that skull head thing that Ukitake gave Ichigo.
    You answered your own question. I'm 99% sure that Ukitake knows about Ichigo's hollow. Besides, Ichigo's Vizard-ness is a very important issue. They've got him down in their books as a captain-level substitute shinigami, if Byakuya witheld information about Ichigo's Hollow, that would be treason.

    Quote Originally Posted by redrum305
    Now about the pace that SS is going, i agree that it is too fast. they should at least do some chapters explaining that or include it in the fillers or something. They forcefully pushed the characters(visiting shinigamis) in the real world witout sayin what kind of development SS is going. That is one of the Knock i guess you could say that i have on kubo, and it is the fact that he rushes the story way too much.
    I agree. You can't just keep saying "the higher ups told us to" forever. There has to be some explanation; unless the higher-ups are prophets or extremely arbitrary, there will have been an interesting discussion. And the people in SS are hilarious and cool, and it's a shame they focus on the dull real-worlders.
    Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.

    www.deathball.net/notpron <--- Best online riddle ever
    NotPron Level 36

  3. #13
    redrum305 is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    457

    Default

    there are also a lot of other things left unsaid. we all know that Gotei 13 is not the only thing in Soul Society, what about the other two noble houses, they used to be five but now they are four, all we know about is the Kuchiki and Shihouin houses. it is the same as watching Naruto and all they show you is Hidden Leaf and sometimes a little bit of the Sand. there are three other villages that we know nothing about. Now back to Bleach, I'm sure Byakuya and Yoruichi are not the only nobles with strong reiatsu, there has to be others, why won't they introduce some of them as candidate for captains. They should of at least showed us that meeting the captains had when Ichigo left SS and there is a major problem for bleach and that is Depth, puttin a lot of characters together won't solve that, im talkin story wise or details. take One Piece for example, there are also a whole bunch of characters but at the same there is also a lot of depth and you can almost say you know almost everything there is to know.
    SS is taking it real easy, they have to have some type of wild card. THey suddenly introduce Ryuuken but none of us know where he fits in the whole thing, if he is buddy with Aizen or not.

  4. #14
    Cricket_Nip is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The other side of the world
    Posts
    76

    Default

    True, true. However, one or two of the VCs could be nobles, as well as one or two of the captains. Like maybe Unohana, or Ukitake. We really don't have much background on many of the captains and vice-captains. But I think that the manga should focus more on the houses. In many wars, the government first turns to the nobles for help because they often can field private armies, good ones too.

    It's true that the mangaka doesn't spend a lot of time developing his characters, or his world. His storytelling revolves more around action and conflict than a detailed setting. Which is a shame because my favorite part of many stories are the interesting characters that populate the interesting worlds.

    @redrum: SS might not be taking it easy, keeping their ace up their sleeve. I think it is likely that they have no ace at all, they're already doing what they can. After all, they had no reason to keep an ace, the betrayal was completely unprecedented. And Ryuuken hates Hollows and Shinigami. Since Aizen is both, Ryuuken's going to hate him twice as much. I expect Ryuuken to attack everyone.
    Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.

    www.deathball.net/notpron <--- Best online riddle ever
    NotPron Level 36

  5. #15
    redrum305 is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    457

    Default

    yea i know there could be some vice-captains that are nobles but aren't they suppose to be stronger than that since Byakuya said Noble shinigamis have more talent and more reiatsu than any other shinigamis except fot that one Kat that comes ones in a lifetime like Hitsugaya for example whom we know is the incarnation of one of the heavenly guardians, even Gin said that. I think he has more reiatsu than zaraki for that matter, that might be exaggerating but it is just to show how much reiatsu he has. I think he loses for the simple fact that he doesn't hone his skill or is plain just too young but when talking about reiatsu wise id put him right up there with Byakuya.
    Now back to Aizen, since he was desperate for the Hougyoukou, it is safe to say that he himself probably has reached the wall where a shinigami cannot surpass, and that means he is probably on par with the other captains except maybe genryousei, but by now he probably has used the hougyoukou, how strong is he now?
    Now, what puzzles me, is if Kubo now will be willing to kill characters, because if aizen,gin or tousen get pardonned, or if the top arrankars don't die then Id have to call Bleach a farce, because we can't keep havin antagonists survive and not die and even Ichigo's companions or SS members for that matter.

  6. #16
    Cricket_Nip is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The other side of the world
    Posts
    76

    Default

    I agree with the death thing. If no one, even traitors who caused massive wars and deaths of hundreds, die, then it will start becoming like Harry Potter, sort of like "You have put many lives in danger. You have killed. You have lied. You have betrayed. Your punishment is that I accept you back".

    I always thought the noble families were a real plot hole. The mangaka made such a big deal about nobility (though much of that was probably Byakuya's character), and yet there is no sign of them. One explanation is that the nobles like keeping their kids close, not letting them become mainstream shinigami. Noble families do that a lot. Possibly Kaien's death was what made them pull out and sever ties with the Gotei 13?

    I read a fic where the Uraharas were a noble family. That would be awesome, and it would also explain Urahara's famousness; two noble-captains who were exiled. Damn that must have been big news.
    Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.

    www.deathball.net/notpron <--- Best online riddle ever
    NotPron Level 36

  7. #17
    redrum305 is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    457

    Default

    And Urahara is good buddy with Yoruichi, they grew up together. I personally think that they like each other. Urahara invented a lot of things, he even created those two kids he has with him, i don't think they are regular humans, mod souls maybe?? Also, if ever somebody was to die in I hope there won't be something like reviving like they used to be in DBZ.I also want to know when or if ever Ichigo will find out about his dad being a shinigami, Im surprised KON hasn't told him.

  8. #18
    PLayah is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nowhere...
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Kon promised Isshin and Urahara not to tell him, so he shouldnt. Kon isnt perfect as a man, but he can still keep up his word. I wonder If he will ever become a fighting character - he has strong legs, maybe he will develop more in future?

    And as for Yoruichi and Urahara-they are damn lovers, no doubt about that. Jinta and Ururu doesnt seem to be "made by Urahara" like Mayuri created Nemu. They seem to real, so they are probably humans with high reiatsu (that happens sometimes: Chad, Orihime, Tatsuki...) or modsouls.... Guess we wont know as for now. One thing is clear- they are orphans and thats why they live with Urahara.

  9. #19
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    Well, who knows if they're *actually* orphans, or... well, I think you know what I'm getting at =P It'd explain their powers.

    Kon might mistakenly say something to Ichigo, though. Accidental discovery happens all the time in stories.
    ~Digital_Eon~




  10. #20
    Odd Eye is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    83

    Default

    PLayah, I don't think the Yoruichi/Urahara is a sexual o0ne. More like a bother/sister relationship from everything we've seen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon
    Yumichika is presumbably less strong than Ikkaku, however. I don't think he has Ban Kai.
    I'm actually under the impression that Yumichikia does have a Bankai. Back in chapter 206, I think it was Ikkaku said he wasn't going to teach anybody outside of Renji or Yumichika how to achive Bankai (I think it was Ikkaku, if it wasn't him, it was Renji then). He just doesn't want to reveal it because its a Kido type like his Zanpaktou's true ability, since he's in a fighting division and they'd look down on that.

 

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162