Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 90 of 90
  1. #81
    lbosquet is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wandering on a noob-infested forum...
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Thanks Getsuga, happy to see soem people of sense still dwelve here

    "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley."

  2. #82
    hakkenshi is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Getsuga
    Sorry to say everyone, lbosquet's right. If you look at some of the ways that the characters say things it can be implied that Rukia isn't a seated officer, but has the potential to be. And the limitation does only apply to captains/vice captains, so Ikkaku, as being a third seat, doesn't fall under the limitation.
    Well, as you're being reasonable about this, I'll follow suit: I disagree with you, but I see your point.

    However, there still remains the point that no rule or law of Soul Society has been quoted as saying that no one below VC or Captain can be limited.

    That's all there is to it, really. Back when Renji is still only Shikai-level, he states that powerful Shinigami "try very hard to suppress [their] powers" when they go in the human world. Yes, he does in fact speak of the VCs and higher, but that's not proof.

    It would be much more logical for the actual power level to be a condition of limiting rather than the ranking of the officer in question. If massive power = disturbance in the human world (as Renji CLEARLY states), then rank is really only an object insofar as it is also an indication of power.

    And that is deduction based only on facts, and not just randomly swearing at you for being a n00b, whatever that means when we're talking about manga.

    lbosquet, maybe if you can muster actual logic instead of angry nonsensical ranting with no basis on fact, you can justify your argument of Isshin and Urahara not being limited.

    Soul Society sees them as criminals and traitors, that's a far cry from Ichigo operating with their permission and knowledge. Obviously the older ex-Shinigami would NOT be limited, since SS would rather imprison or execute them. I should think that's an easy conclusion even for a n00b, to use your language.

    If my reasoning is "utterly not understandable", I'll be glad to dumb it down for you:

    You have no more proof of what you're saying than we do. Period. Heck, you may even be right - but you don't know for sure, and we're just kicking ideas around. But I don't want to ask too much of you... thinking must be tough.

    BTW, tone down the swearing, okay? Every now and then is fine; you're starting to sound downright childish.

    Everyone else, if you have actual, factual information from the manga that states beyond the shadow of a doubt the rules on limiting, I'm really quite curious to hear of it.

    Peace out.

  3. #83
    Yag-chan is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2

    Default

    There is nothing much to add, but on Urahara being not limited. Since he did escape, they couldn't impose the limit before they banished him.


    Although there is nothing that says he's not working without the limit.

  4. #84
    Hitsugaya-The-Great is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hakkenshi
    Well, as you're being reasonable about this, I'll follow suit: I disagree with you, but I see your point.
    You're still going on this..? Are you kidding me?

    However, there still remains the point that no rule or law of Soul Society has been quoted as saying that no one below VC or Captain can be limited.
    -__-, look back at all the signs that point to this.

    Renji said himself that he had a limit back when he first fought Ichigo. Byakuya at that time also had a limit as Renji stated as well.

    Hitsugaya, Matsumoto, and now Renji again had the limit enforced on them.

    What do all these guys have in common? They are all VC or captain level. Now let's look at Ikkaku, does he have a limit enforced on him? No. Why so Billy? Because he's a third seat.

    Yes, a THIRD seat. So if he didn't get a limit enforced on him, a third seat, what makes you think all the other 5th/9th/100th seat would get their limit enforced?

    Use something called common sense.

    That's all there is to it, really. Back when Renji is still only Shikai-level, he states that powerful Shinigami "try very hard to suppress [their] powers" when they go in the human world. Yes, he does in fact speak of the VCs and higher, but that's not proof.
    ._.;;; That was also back when Ban Kai was never even heard of. Guess what? Now there's a Ban Kai.

    Things change, and we now see that when he stated that he meant those with Vice-Captain and captain abilities. I.E. Huge Reiatsu and Ban Kai.

    It would be much more logical for the actual power level to be a condition of limiting rather than the ranking of the officer in question. If massive power = disturbance in the human world (as Renji CLEARLY states), then rank is really only an object insofar as it is also an indication of power.
    That makes sense, but there's one problem.

    Not many Shinigami's are meant to go into the Human World, especially around normal humans.

    Also, who would judge the Reiatsu contest? Yamamoto? What about the people that actually go through the trouble of hiding their reiatsu and destructive power?

    That's exactly the reason why Ikkaku was given the green to go into the human world, because everyone thought his rank was equivalent to his abilities. 2-3 people knew about his Ban Kai, no one else. On top of it all, he could hide his Reiatsu perfectly.

    Rank DOES matter.

    And that is deduction based only on facts, and not just randomly swearing at you for being a n00b, whatever that means when we're talking about manga.
    You lost to lbosquet (I hope I didn't spell it wrong), and you phailed to make a good point. Therefore you = lose.

    lbosquet, maybe if you can muster actual logic instead of angry nonsensical ranting with no basis on fact, you can justify your argument of Isshin and Urahara not being limited.
    What he said was way more logical than what you have been trying to rant on. Really, have you even tried to read what YOU have typed? Only a few points made sense, the other points were just useless.

    If my reasoning is "utterly not understandable", I'll be glad to dumb it down for you:

    You have no more proof of what you're saying than we do. Period. Heck, you may even be right - but you don't know for sure, and we're just kicking ideas around. But I don't want to ask too much of you... thinking must be tough.
    There's no proof because we can use logic.

    Do you think Kubo has time to go into every tiny detail about what is happening? Imagine one of the scenes where this conversation would take place.

    Hitsugaya - Well Shawlong everyone that is a vice-captain and higher from Soul Society has a limit enforced on them to keep from destroying the planet.

    Shawlong - You don't say

    Hitsugaya - Yes, and I also like Hinamori Momo. There's no proof on it, I just risk my life to protect her. There's nothing that says I like her, no where, no proof at all.

    Shawlong - Well, I got a confession to make, Ulquirra is one of the destructive arrancar 10. There's no proof at all to show this though. It's just that he has plenty of strength knocking off Uruhara's Benihime with one arm. He also didn't take good orders from GrimJow either, but there's no proof saying he's one of the 10.

    Hitsugaya - To tell you the truth, Matsumoto is Ichimaru Gin's friend. Ya, nowhere was there any evidence that says this though since it was just flashbacks. They LOOKED pretty chummy but that's it.

    Hitsugaya - Do you think Ichigo Bleaches his hair? He says it's natural, but he's Japanese...

    Shawlong - Use Common sense.

    Hitsugaya - Common what?

    And imagine that bit for three whole chapters. Really, use your common sense and make these connections that actually make sense. Most of things in the Manga was never told to us, but we have the common sense to connect the pieces together.

    So lbosquet's common sense > Your's by like a million.


    Chuck Norris once challenged Lance Armstrong in a "Who has more testicles?" contest. Chuck Norris won by 5.

  5. #85
    loboeye is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dascu
    I've noticed there's no news of even a RAW of chapter 211 yet. Just late? Or is there no manga this week?
    No manga this week, 211 is next week.

  6. #86
    lbosquet is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wandering on a noob-infested forum...
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hakkenshi
    lbosquet, maybe if you can muster actual logic instead of angry nonsensical ranting with no basis on fact, you can justify your argument of Isshin and Urahara not being limited.

    Soul Society sees them as criminals and traitors, that's a far cry from Ichigo operating with their permission and knowledge. Obviously the older ex-Shinigami would NOT be limited, since SS would rather imprison or execute them. I should think that's an easy conclusion even for a n00b, to use your language.

    If my reasoning is "utterly not understandable", I'll be glad to dumb it down for you:

    You have no more proof of what you're saying than we do. Period. Heck, you may even be right - but you don't know for sure, and we're just kicking ideas around. But I don't want to ask too much of you... thinking must be tough.

    BTW, tone down the swearing, okay? Every now and then is fine; you're starting to sound downright childish.

    Everyone else, if you have actual, factual information from the manga that states beyond the shadow of a doubt the rules on limiting, I'm really quite curious to hear of it.

    Peace out.
    And from when did Ichigo even so agreed to operate under SS's orders?

    So, when you're talking about 'criminals and traitors' you're refering to whom? Urahara ans Isshin or Ichigo and friends? If it's te first option, Urahara and Isshin wouldn't have been imprisoned or killed...because they simply were exiled, and it seems that with Urahara's power and Isshin too, it's clear they haven't been limited in their powers. They were simply banned. Period.

    Stick all this up, and everything Hitsugaya-the-great has explained, then you'll might just understand...

    "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley."

  7. #87
    ducttaperofdoom is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    ... ...? ...! ...? ...
    Posts
    342

    Default

    It would be pointless to limit their power, as all the power limiters we've seen so far takes just a flick of the wrist to destroy.

    Just because someone has the POTENTIAL to be a seated officer doesn't mean they will be, or would make it. You don't see coaches going up to a little kid and say, "You have the potential to be a pro NBA star, come to the NBA with me."

  8. #88
    StealDragon's Avatar
    StealDragon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NCC-1701
    Posts
    13,423

    Default

    so.... no that that whole extremely long ordeal is cleared up and the noobs identified and thoroughly emasculated... i wonder where Urahara and Yoruichi are. they are quite capable of sensing the powers of the fights going on around the city yet neither of them have shown up yet. its not like they arent interested in saving the planet (see yami and uquilla or however you spell it) so i just have a hunch that if the 2 to 1 chanch that ichigo gets totally obliterated comes to pass that it indeed will not be Renji, Toushiro, or Rangiku that come to the rescue but instead either Kisuke or Yoruichi... thoughts plz???


    I'd like to die with the songs I love stuck in my head. I hope to make the most of these hollow bones we become.
    I raise a toast to the the souls that sang all along. I've been gathering friends to just to make some sounds,
    before the ship goes down, I've been making amends by making the rounds before the whole world ends


    [Chit Chat Specific Forum Rules] // Last Update - Friday March 13, 2009

  9. #89
    shinigamiX is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Look CAREFULLY at the picture of Ikkaku when he releases his Ban Kai. There is no visible seal anywhere on his body! Unless he chose to stick it somehwere on his thighs, which is just plain wrong.
    Hakkenshi: Yes, Renji said that, but he also said that the limit is only imposed on Vice Captains and Captains! Why do you refuse to buy that? Even if she tried to limit her powers, it would most likely be without the help of a seal, and the limitations would not be as extreme.

  10. #90
    Hitsugaya-The-Great is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StealDragon
    so.... no that that whole extremely long ordeal is cleared up and the noobs identified and thoroughly emasculated... i wonder where Urahara and Yoruichi are. they are quite capable of sensing the powers of the fights going on around the city yet neither of them have shown up yet. its not like they arent interested in saving the planet (see yami and uquilla or however you spell it) so i just have a hunch that if the 2 to 1 chanch that ichigo gets totally obliterated comes to pass that it indeed will not be Renji, Toushiro, or Rangiku that come to the rescue but instead either Kisuke or Yoruichi... thoughts plz???
    Well, I'm guessing Ichigo's Father will be there, or Urahara/Ishida. This would be an opportune time for the story behind Isshin's past.

    Yoruichi is injured remember? The vaizords have yet to have an impact, so I doubt they will do anything during the Grimjow fight.

    Hitsugaya, Renji, and Ikkaku are dead tired from the fight and have their own people to take care of (i.e. Orihime and Ururu). Yumichika and Matsumoto could go, but I doubt they could do anything really.


    Chuck Norris once challenged Lance Armstrong in a "Who has more testicles?" contest. Chuck Norris won by 5.

 

 
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162