Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 90
  1. #71
    XP_OMG11 is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaom
    Quote Originally Posted by lbosquet
    I don't remember seeing each of the division's symbols, so it would be quite hasty of you to say that these flowers belong to any division, yet your theory is plausible.
    The division's symbols are on each of the vice-captains' armbands, as well as sewn into the inside of every shinigami's outfit and on the backs of the fourth division members' backpacks/shoulder bags.

    I unfortunately have no ability to post pictures, but I'll find the page references for you...

    Sixth division symbol - ch. 80, pg. 14, on Renji's armband. Actually, a better one is ch. 96, pg. 9.

    For tenth division - ch. 108, pg. 5, on Matsumoto's armband - which she wears around her waist, for some reason.

    On their outfits - ch. 120, pg. 15, when Orihime and Ishida are discovered.

    Fourth division bags - ch. 92, pg. 16, group shot from behind. (third panel)

    EDIT- The sixth division's symbol is also in Renji's profile, which is at the end of vol. 9.
    A pic of the flowers are shown here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Gotei_insignia.png

  2. #72
    hakkenshi is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lbosquet
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerOxK
    The limit was only upon Vice captains and captains, not someone with the power of one
    No. I'm sure that if Yamamoto knew that Ikkaku could have bankai he would have put a limit. Rukia just hasn't the power nor the status.

    Err... I beg your pardon?

    Chapter 202, page 4, first panel of the M7 scanlation, Chappy says: "At present, Rukia-same truly does possess the capability to be seated officer."

    Now while I will concede that we unfortunately have no way of knowing precisely whether that means Rukia could be a VC-level Shinigami, it does state without the shadow of a doubt that she's considered powerful - let's not forget that any seated officer is top-percentile material.

    As for status, well... unless I'm much mistaken, she DOES bear the Kuchiki surname, and is thus a VIP. So really, her "social" status might have a bearing on that, we're not exactly told much about how that influences Shinigami standing. Remember in Rukia's flashback with Kaien, the others of her squad bow and treat her as a superior despite the fact that she's not a seated officer at that time.

    We can't really be entirely sure she wouldn't have a limit forced upon her. And we all know how much mangaka love to have near-dead characters suddenly kick the crap out of the opposition...

    That being said, I'll definitely grant you that Rukia looks down for the moment, and most likely will NOT come back to rock Grimjaw.

    On the topic of Ichigo's limit/lack of one, didn't Ulquiorra say something to the effect of "Why is his power spiking up and down?" Maybe the limit just doesn't affect the Hollow inside, who would then be responsible for the reiatsu-spikes.

    Whatever, I'm just throwing that idea out there.

  3. #73
    lbosquet is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wandering on a noob-infested forum...
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arisper
    Well lbosquet why wouldnt they want to limit Ichigo's spiritual power as much as they would one of their V/VC's? It makes no sense. Even if he isnt one of the Gotei 13 im sure Yamamato would still want to limit his power. If not then whats the point of limiting the VC's/C's?
    Because Ichigo isn't part of SS

    Rules don't apply to him since he's not under the jurisdiction of Sereiti


    Quote from Hakkenshi

    it does state without the shadow of a doubt that she's considered powerful - let's not forget that any seated officer is top-percentile material.
    Yumichika is powerful too, Ikkaku also is powerful. Yet they do not hold VC status...and Rukia isn't really much powerful. Seh only activated shikai. Dee Roy was shit among arankarus, so she doesn't have anything to brag about and so do you.

    As for status, well... unless I'm much mistaken, she DOES bear the Kuchiki surname, and is thus a VIP
    I was talking about status in the squad moron, about being a VC or a captain...

    We can't really be entirely sure she wouldn't have a limit forced upon her. And we all know how much mangaka love to have near-dead characters suddenly kick the crap out of the opposition...
    Rukia. doesn't. have . any. fucking. limit. imposed. on. her!

    On the topic of Ichigo's limit/lack of one, didn't Ulquiorra say something to the effect of "Why is his power spiking up and down?"
    I advise you to go read the manga again!! If ever you read it

    Why was his power going up and down?? That's not because of the device!! He was struggling from being taken over by Noname. When Noname took over the power was rising and when Ichigo fought back it fell down...and so on.

    *sigh*

    n00bs

    "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley."

  4. #74
    Gaaraofthesand is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    65

    Default

    alright, enough of the flaming crap, lets get back onto the topic.

  5. #75
    kazechrno's Avatar
    kazechrno is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    926

    Default

    SSJd00dguy and lbos! PM next time please! Back on topic now ^^;;

  6. #76
    hakkenshi is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote from lbosquet

    Because Ichigo isn't part of SS

    Rules don't apply to him since he's not under the jurisdiction of Sereiti
    The rule for limits has to do with protecting humans from massive reiatsu, not with whether or not one is a bona fide Shinigami. Ichigo operates with their consent, and therefore it's totally plausible that the device could also limit him. It isn't certain, of course, but then neither is anything you're saying - whatever you may believe.


    Quote from Hakkenshi

    Yumichika is powerful too, Ikkaku also is powerful. Yet they do not hold VC status...and Rukia isn't really much powerful. Seh only activated shikai. Dee Roy was shit among arankarus, so she doesn't have anything to brag about and so do you.
    Well of course, if she only activated shikai, that's because that's all she can do... after all, we've never seen anyone reveal hidden powers before in Bleach. [/sarcasm]

    Yes, Dee Roy was a wuss. No question. But you have NO further proof than conjecture that Rukia isn't in fact limited.

    I was talking about status in the squad moron, about being a VC or a captain...
    Never heard of squad moron, what number are they?

    Again, you're working off suppositions, same as we are. Unless you're Kubo incognito, that is...

    Rukia. doesn't. have . any. fucking. limit. imposed. on. her!

    I advise you to go read the manga again!! If ever you read it

    Why was his power going up and down?? That's not because of the device!! He was struggling from being taken over by Noname. When Noname took over the power was rising and when Ichigo fought back it fell down...and so on.
    Ah, well if you say it, then it MUST be true!

    Speaking of reading, reread my post. I specifically said Ichigo spiked because of Noname. That does not in fact mean the device can't be impeding his non-Hollow Shinigami powers.

    Interestingly enough, your insistance is based off no more facts than our opinions are.

    Bankai is obviously not a condition for limits. If anyone remembers back to when Renji and Byakuya appear for the very first time, when they recover Rukia from the human world, Renji says they had a limit on them. And he was nowhere NEAR as powerful then.

    On page 6 of chapter 210, Renji states that limiting is "a process IMPLEMENTED by the Captains and Vice-Captains of the Gotei 13" (emphasis mine). That could easily be taken to mean that the Caps and VCs are the ones who authorize the process, and thus any person of such standing could have required the entire Shinigami party to be limited.

    If you think about it, given the effect of even limited reiatsu on normal humans, it doesn't make sense for even any shikai-level Shinigami to be unlimited in the human world. Too much imbalance.

  7. #77
    Gaaraofthesand is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lbosquet

    Rukia. doesn't. have . any. fucking. limit. imposed. on. her!
    God damn, stop calling people noobs!

    You act like you write the damn manga.
    Based of the manga we've seen that not everyone is what they seem. So why the hell does that not apply to Rukia? So she's bleeding on the floor and seems "dead".. wow like that's never happened before in Bleach before.
    Before you go off calling everyone noobs, I say prove your fucking point.

  8. #78
    lbosquet is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wandering on a noob-infested forum...
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hakkenshi
    Quote from lbosquet

    Because Ichigo isn't part of SS

    Rules don't apply to him since he's not under the jurisdiction of Sereiti
    The rule for limits has to do with protecting humans from massive reiatsu, not with whether or not one is a bona fide Shinigami. Ichigo operates with their consent, and therefore it's totally plausible that the device could also limit him. It isn't certain, of course, but then neither is anything you're saying - whatever you may believe.(/quote]

    yeah as sure sas they restricted Urahara's or Isshin's powers when they were banned...yeah, soooooo concerned

    *sigh*


    I was talking about status in the squad moron, about being a VC or a captain...
    Never heard of squad moron, what number are they?

    Again, you're working off suppositions, same as we are. Unless you're Kubo incognito, that is...
    LOL, I can't believe you're talking about suppositions when the question of suppositions hasn't even its place. I'm talking of status in a squad while you were talking about social status and you talk about supposition. lol. Go die fool...

    Rukia. doesn't. have . any. fucking. limit. imposed. on. her!

    I advise you to go read the manga again!! If ever you read it

    Why was his power going up and down?? That's not because of the device!! He was struggling from being taken over by Noname. When Noname took over the power was rising and when Ichigo fought back it fell down...and so on.
    Ah, well if you say it, then it MUST be true!

    Speaking of reading, reread my post. I specifically said Ichigo spiked because of Noname. That does not in fact mean the device can't be impeding his non-Hollow Shinigami powers.

    Interestingly enough, your insistance is based off no more facts than our opinions are.

    Bankai is obviously not a condition for limits. If anyone remembers back to when Renji and Byakuya appear for the very first time, when they recover Rukia from the human world, Renji says they had a limit on them. And he was nowhere NEAR as powerful then.

    On page 6 of chapter 210, Renji states that limiting is "a process IMPLEMENTED by the Captains and Vice-Captains of the Gotei 13" (emphasis mine). That could easily be taken to mean that the Caps and VCs are the ones who authorize the process, and thus any person of such standing could have required the entire Shinigami party to be limited.

    If you think about it, given the effect of even limited reiatsu on normal humans, it doesn't make sense for even any shikai-level Shinigami to be unlimited in the human world. Too much imbalance
    .
    I've reread your post, and you haven't even mentionned any unbalance in power surges...noob

    you're trying to tell me something here??? Or just stating the obvious

    dude, I'll be honest...that is utterly not understandable! Try arguing in a proper way, not by mixing things and get things straight...LIMITATIONS ARE FOR VC AND CAPTAINS...Yumichika is definitely shikai level, Ikkaku too and they are 5th and 3rd seats. They do not fall under the limitations...simply fuckign because they fucking kept their fucking powers as a FUCKING SECRET! No one knows about their powers, no one puts limits...and if one has to be limited in those two it would have to be Ikkaku because of the huge power a bankai release implies...(taking into consideration that for now Yumichika has no bankai)

    Quote Originally Posted by someone, forgot his name
    God damn, stop calling people noobs!

    You act like you write the damn manga.
    Based of the manga we've seen that not everyone is what they seem. So why the hell does that not apply to Rukia? So she's bleeding on the floor and seems "dead".. wow like that's never happened before in Bleach before.
    Before you go off calling everyone noobs, I say prove your fucking point.
    Hey dood, you're a n00b, deal with it. I don't act liek I wrote the manga, I act like a passionate and one who knows much aboutit...and who also uses fucking logic.

    She's bleeding on the floor. She "seems" dead...why the fucking dead? I would say she's fucking hurt and you say 'seems dead'?? *sigh*

    lemme see...someone lies as if defeated, rises up because of huige power and fights to win...huh...Ichigo...Renji (nope, he loses)...hey, there's no fucking one else. Rising from a defeated or almost dead position is the main character's ability and almost 'repetitive' characteristic, so why would someone like Rukia do that. you expect her to rise on her feet, slowly, with pain on her face, and then cry out 'I want to help you ichigo'. Then she takes her sword, does shikai ability number 2, turns into powerful shinigami mode and helps Ichi kick Grimjaw's ass? when there'll surely be two captain level and one VC who'll eb ehading the way??

    dude, go get some rest. stop your shit

    "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley."

  9. #79
    Dascu is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    769

    Default

    I've noticed there's no news of even a RAW of chapter 211 yet. Just late? Or is there no manga this week?

  10. #80
    Getsuga is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Sorry to say everyone, lbosquet's right. If you look at some of the ways that the characters say things it can be implied that Rukia isn't a seated officer, but has the potential to be. And the limitation does only apply to captains/vice captains, so Ikkaku, as being a third seat, doesn't fall under the limitation. If you remember, Chad took out a third seat officer in one punch, but a captain (Shinsui) utterly owned him. That's the difference in power of a normal third seat and a captain, so there shouldn't be a reason to limit third seat officers, except in Ikkaku's case, but only about 2-3 people know about his abilities.
    I have laid my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

 

 
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162