Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 90
  1. #61
    shinigamiX is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    379

    Default

    There was no seal on Ikkaku when he did his Bankai.

  2. #62
    Monkey_antics is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Renji explained this the second time he fought Ichigo, when a Vice-capt./capt. is sent to the real world they have a limit imposed upon them, because Ikaku refused capt/Vice-Capt status that was offered to him, there was no limit imposed upon him.

  3. #63
    lbosquet is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wandering on a noob-infested forum...
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_antics
    Renji explained this the second time he fought Ichigo, when a Vice-capt./capt. is sent to the real world they have a limit imposed upon them, because Ikaku refused capt/Vice-Capt status that was offered to him, there was no limit imposed upon him.
    Imagine you're an old stuck up man bounded by rules and orders as Yamamoto...wouldn't you have imposed a limit on a person whom you knew was powerful enough (clearly that of a captain level with bankai) and who could cause major disturbances in the balance?

    If Ikkaku was not given any limit it was because his power was hidden. Had Yamamoto found that he was so powerful and had a big reiatsu he would have limited his spiritual output

    "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley."

  4. #64
    kaom is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lbosquet
    As for the Ichigo discussion, I doubt the object gievn by Ukitake is a power limit...the design is different from the tattoo the three have shown so far (a skull/holow head as compared to a flower).
    Aren't those flower designs the symbols for their respective divisions? That would be why Matsumoto and Hitsugaya have the same one, then.

    In that case, the design wouldn't have anything to do with whether or not Ichigo's alarm thing is a limiter...

    That being said, I doubt that it is.

    One thing that I did think of was that it could be suppressing his power while he's in his body, so as to not attract hollows with his large reiatsu. Since his town seems to be attacked on a regular basis, anyway...

  5. #65
    lbosquet is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wandering on a noob-infested forum...
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaom
    Quote Originally Posted by lbosquet
    As for the Ichigo discussion, I doubt the object gievn by Ukitake is a power limit...the design is different from the tattoo the three have shown so far (a skull/holow head as compared to a flower).
    Aren't those flower designs the symbols for their respective divisions? That would be why Matsumoto and Hitsugaya have the same one, then.

    In that case, the design wouldn't have anything to do with whether or not Ichigo's alarm thing is a limiter...

    That being said, I doubt that it is.

    One thing that I did think of was that it could be suppressing his power while he's in his body, so as to not attract hollows with his large reiatsu. Since his town seems to be attacked on a regular basis, anyway...
    I don't remember seeing each of the division's symbols, so it would be quite hasty of you to say that these flowers belong to any division, yet your theory is plausible.

    "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley."

  6. #66
    Monkey_antics is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lbosquet
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_antics
    Renji explained this the second time he fought Ichigo, when a Vice-capt./capt. is sent to the real world they have a limit imposed upon them, because Ikaku refused capt/Vice-Capt status that was offered to him, there was no limit imposed upon him.
    Imagine you're an old stuck up man bounded by rules and orders as Yamamoto...wouldn't you have imposed a limit on a person whom you knew was powerful enough (clearly that of a captain level with bankai) and who could cause major disturbances in the balance?

    If Ikkaku was not given any limit it was because his power was hidden. Had Yamamoto found that he was so powerful and had a big reiatsu he would have limited his spiritual output

    He might have also bent the rules to suit the situation as he knew that the people he sent would be going after the arrancar.

  7. #67
    Pepiu5 is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Didnt you all forget about one more person that could show up and help Ichigo fight ?

  8. #68
    kaom is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lbosquet
    I don't remember seeing each of the division's symbols, so it would be quite hasty of you to say that these flowers belong to any division, yet your theory is plausible.
    The division's symbols are on each of the vice-captains' armbands, as well as sewn into the inside of every shinigami's outfit and on the backs of the fourth division members' backpacks/shoulder bags.

    I unfortunately have no ability to post pictures, but I'll find the page references for you...

    Sixth division symbol - ch. 80, pg. 14, on Renji's armband. Actually, a better one is ch. 96, pg. 9.

    For tenth division - ch. 108, pg. 5, on Matsumoto's armband - which she wears around her waist, for some reason.

    On their outfits - ch. 120, pg. 15, when Orihime and Ishida are discovered.

    Fourth division bags - ch. 92, pg. 16, group shot from behind. (third panel)

    EDIT- The sixth division's symbol is also in Renji's profile, which is at the end of vol. 9.

  9. #69
    ducttaperofdoom is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    ... ...? ...! ...? ...
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Maybe how far the flower is open is how much their power is restricted. You can tell which one is Matsumoto because of the necklace/boobs and her flower is basically all black (she doesnt' have bankai then, or simply have less reiatsu) then the middle one is Renji, flower is partially open partially black, signifying more power and Hitsugaya is on the left, with a full open flower and completely white, signifying lots of reiatsu.

    The only problem with this is that hthe left panel looks more like Renji's hand because that hand is bigger then the middle hand and we know that Renji has a bigger hand.

  10. #70
    Arisper is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Well lbosquet why wouldnt they want to limit Ichigo's spiritual power as much as they would one of their V/VC's? It makes no sense. Even if he isnt one of the Gotei 13 im sure Yamamato would still want to limit his power. If not then whats the point of limiting the VC's/C's?

 

 
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162