i just watched episode 58 where ichigo and byakuya finally start to fight and obviously because ive read the manga so i know how its gonna turn out. so i was curious about the details so i read through chapters 162-167 again and i remebered reading an old topic about the 4th stage or 3rd release of a zanpakutou before a new mod came in. if u read through the chapters byakuya releases what he calls "senkei" and i was wondering if this was the term for the supossed 3rd release. just putting the topic back on the forum again and wondering if anyone else knows anything about this "3rd release."
so this is basically an overview of byakuyas 4 stages of his zanpakutou just as an example of the supposed 3rd release.
- a normal looking katana with a decorative hilt.
- byakuya says "chire" and his sword seperates into thousands of cherry blossom looking blades and slices up the enemy.
- "Senbonzakuya Kageyoshi"
- byakuya says "bankai" and his sword melts into the ground, bringing forth dozens of huge swords from the ground that seperate into millions of tiny cherry blossom looking petals that surround and slice up their enemy.
- "Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi"
- basically he disregards all his defense and hundreds of these huge white swords creates a dome around the two of them. byakuya is somehow able to weild them all and crush his opponent.
2nd Stage Senkei (the attack byakuya uses as his final one, just a name i placed for reference.)
- "Senbonzakura Kageyoshi Final Stage, Hakuteiken"
- means "imperial white blade" and creates one final magnificant blade that looks as if it has white reitsu pouring out all around it, creating a stunning image.
so basically my whole point of this topic was to ask if anyone has any idea whether or not the zanpakutou has a 4th stage/3rd release, and if byakuya's "senkei" is an example of this or just an advancement of his bankai.
thanks for reading my noncosistent babbles