Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    In one of the manga chapters (I think it's around 185-189 or so) Isshin mentions that only captains can hide the size of their Zanpakutou, which he's apparently been doing. If nothing, that basically states that he is a captain. (I don't have the manga with me right now, so if I'm remembering it incorrectly feel free to tell me - but it *did* say something like that.)
    ~Digital_Eon~




  2. #42
    Pepiu5 is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Known facts for now:

    Ichigo is damn strong.

    His father is Shinigami.

    Isshin and Uruhara know each other.

    thats all folks.

  3. #43
    hongx2 is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Ichigo can't even hide his rietsu, that's why his SS is so big...

    i was wondering about this... if Ichigo when back to his SS normal non-shikai... is it just a handle? since Urahara broke the shit out of it...

  4. #44
    lord_jagganath is offline Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    34

    Default

    i suppose he had little or no confidence in his blade..
    emotionally one must be strong to control one's own power..

  5. #45
    Cricket_Nip is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The other side of the world
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hongx2
    Ichigo can't even hide his rietsu, that's why his SS is so big...

    i was wondering about this... if Ichigo when back to his SS normal non-shikai... is it just a handle? since Urahara broke the shit out of it...
    I don't think it will be just a handle, because I'm pretty sure that when Ichigo reached shikai Zangetsu was fixed. However, it's unlikely we're going to see his sealed form anytime soon. After all, Ichigo's inability to properly manage his power is one of the mainstays of his character.

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon
    In one of the manga chapters (I think it's around 185-189 or so) Isshin mentions that only captains can hide the size of their Zanpakutou, which he's apparently been doing. If nothing, that basically states that he is a captain. (I don't have the manga with me right now, so if I'm remembering it incorrectly feel free to tell me - but it *did* say something like that.)
    I think that it means captain-level shinigami, as in they have enough power and skill and experience to be considered for a captain spot should one be vacated for any reason.

    @Saithan- We learned that Isshin and Urahara were friends, or at least friendly aquaintances, when they had a friendly conversation after Isshin pwned the Grand Fisher. Also, Urahara kept Isshin's secret, and he was the one who forced Kon to keep it as well. That seems like what a friend would do to me. Besides, all these exiled shinigami probably form a close-knit society, because they're severely outnumbered and wanted.
    Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.

    www.deathball.net/notpron <--- Best online riddle ever
    NotPron Level 36

  6. #46
    redrum305 is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hongx2
    Ichigo can't even hide his rietsu, that's why his SS is so big...

    i was wondering about this... if Ichigo when back to his SS normal non-shikai... is it just a handle? since Urahara broke the shit out of it...
    Ichigo's reiatsu is too big, that is why his soul slayer is always in release form. also knowing how to hide your reiatsu still won't have any effect on it.

  7. #47
    Cricket_Nip is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The other side of the world
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redrum305
    Ichigo's reiatsu is too big, that is why his soul slayer is always in release form. also knowing how to hide your reiatsu still won't have any effect on it.
    I thought Ichigo's zanpaku-to was always in release form because he is incapable of controlling his reiatsu. Same reason for why it's so big in sealed form.
    Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.

    www.deathball.net/notpron <--- Best online riddle ever
    NotPron Level 36

  8. #48
    redrum305 is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket_Nip
    I thought Ichigo's zanpaku-to was always in release form because he is incapable of controlling his reiatsu. Same reason for why it's so big in sealed form.
    Didn't you hear his conversation with Zaraki where Zaraki told him that his zampaktou was always in its release form because no matter how much he compresses his reiatsu the zampaktou still won't go into non-shikai. And that is because their reiatsu is too big for them to seal it.
    Last edited by redrum305; 03-01-2006 at 05:56 AM.

  9. #49
    Cricket_Nip is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The other side of the world
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redrum305
    Didn't you hear his conversation with Zaraki where Zaraki told him that his zampaktou was always in its release form because no matter how much he compresses his reiatsu the zampaktou still won't go into non-shikai. And that is because their reiatsu is too big for them to seal it.
    I think Zaraki is full of shit. He's a madman who doesn't think outside of battle tactics. Besides, you can hardly say that Zaraki and Ichigo's reiatsu is so astronomical compared to the other captains, who are able to control their reiatsu, that they can't control it. Maybe they can't compress it as far as the others can, but they should be able to compress it enough to seal their zanpaku-to. It's just that neither of them bothered to learn how. Zaraki can't even learn how to sense people, so it is possible that he is incapable of controlling himself, but Ichigo should be able to. Besides, Zaraki's eyepatch probably inhibits reiatsu control skills, seeing as it is constantly dragging power out, it would break the hold you keep on your power.

    Also, I don't think that Kenpachi is too much stronger than Yamamoto, who knocked Nanao (a VICE-CAPTAIN for God's sake) over with just his spirit pressure, and Yamamoto can control his spirit power pretty well.
    Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.

    www.deathball.net/notpron <--- Best online riddle ever
    NotPron Level 36

  10. #50
    Hitsugaya-The-Great is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket_Nip
    I think Zaraki is full of shit. He's a madman who doesn't think outside of battle tactics.
    That is true.

    [/quote]Besides, you can hardly say that Zaraki and Ichigo's reiatsu is so astronomical compared to the other captains, who are able to control their reiatsu, that they can't control it.[/quote]

    I also agree.

    Maybe they can't compress it as far as the others can, but they should be able to compress it enough to seal their zanpaku-to. It's just that neither of them bothered to learn how.
    More Agreeing.

    Also, I don't think that Kenpachi is too much stronger than Yamamoto, who knocked Nanao (a VICE-CAPTAIN for God's sake) over with just his spirit pressure, and Yamamoto can control his spirit power pretty well.
    If by, "not much stronger" you mean a peon compared to him, then yes. Even Zaraki, who cannot sense very well, sensed Yamamoto's shikai from Sougokyu Hill recognized the |33t reiastu/

    Even Shuuhei, who got his reiastu drained right after the battle with Yumichika sensed Yamamoto's huge reiastu from release.

    Even Ukitake and shunsui cowared in phear to the Uberness.


    Chuck Norris once challenged Lance Armstrong in a "Who has more testicles?" contest. Chuck Norris won by 5.

 

 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79