Why I refuse to believe Yammy is the strongest
- His behavior with other Espada; he practically acts like a Fraccion to Ulquiorra most of the time, appearing slow witted and easily led.
- Ulquiorra, when explaining he was the fourth Espada to Ichigo, said "even if you manage to defeat me, there are still three others stronger then me" which would have been Harribel, Barragan, and Starrk, making no explanation to a Zero Espada.
- Starrk introduces himself as the Primera, which means "first." Would that make Yammy the "zeroth?" No, it wouldn't.
- When Starrk is remembering all his Espada comrades, Yammy does not appear; only numbers 2 to 9.
- Look at his size. Large sized Espada have traditionally been weaker then small sized ones, due to the fact that vastro lorde are human sized, while Gillian are giants. Look at Aaroneiro, who was a humongous size and was a Gillian, and look at the higher ranked Espada, who all remained at a human size. I separated this one from the others, as I feel it is more reaching at this point.
While some might just say that Kubo is retroactively making retcons for the story, I think this will just lead to Yammy talking a big game, and maybe when he dies, we will hear his background refer to him as the weakest Espada who likes to pose as the strongest.