Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45
  1. #1
    EmilyTheStrange is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17

    Default Could Ichigo be ADOPTED??!~

    Now, this theory only has weight if Genetics means anything in anime/manga, which it probably doesn't. :P
    But watching the flashbacks of Ichigo's mum made me wonder how Ichigo, who has orange hair, could possibly be the spawn of a black-headed man and a brown headed women...
    Genetically, he'd have to either have his mother or his father's hair. (We did it in science last year. There's no questioning it.)
    So that accounts for his two sisters... who both have black & brown hair... and somehow, his parents don't seem to be the "affair" type.
    (It's also why I think Naruto is obviously the 3rd hokage's son, since he is pretty much the only other man in the village with blonde hair. XD)

    So, any theories on who Ichigo's real parents might be??

  2. #2
    hotaruofmibu is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Are you serious?

  3. #3
    MadDogMike is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyTheStrange View Post
    Genetically, he'd have to either have his mother or his father's hair. (We did it in science last year. There's no questioning it.)
    Wrong. There are such things as recessive genes and dominant genes. One of my parents has black hair and the other has brown, but my sister is blonde (and definitely not adopted). How could that possibly happen? Here's how:

    Somewhere along the lines, an ancestor from each side of my family had blonde hair, who passed on their genes to their children, who also did the same. The thing is, black/brown hair is a dominant gene and blonde hair is a recessive gene, so if one of their children received one blonde hair gene and one black hair gene from their parents, they would still have black hair (or something very close to black hair).

    However, somewhere down the line (in this case when my parents gave birth to my sister), both of the parents passed their recessive blonde genes on to my sister. Without a dominant black/brown hair gene to "override" them, my sister's hair is blonde.

    And that is how Ichigo has orange hair. Or, you could take the alternative explanation: IT'S JUST A CARTOON!

  4. #4
    adonai is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,630

    Default

    ^ You sure hair color works like that?

    I'm pretty sure most forms of coloration (skin, hair, eyes), are controlled by multiple genes, recessive genes comes into it, but even without taking that into account, there's a really wide range of colors that can express themselves.

  5. #5
    echoblaze is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,601

    Default

    dominant and recessive genes are only part of the very basic inheritance mechanism. there's also... some other term which i can't remember right now, where both traits are expressed together.

    then there's expressivity (intensity of the expression - ie. dark brown as opposed to light brown).

    geez, this is reminding me of my first-year genetics class...

  6. #6
    cwrestler141 is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    85

    Default

    wow....

    first....your trying to use Mendelian genetics and apply it to a MANGA...common dude....fiction.....fiction.......one more time for good measure fiction. There are people running around with swords that turn in to giant weapons with the utterance of a single word and your going in to genetics to try to prove some stupid theory based on hair color.......this is pretty stupid btw

    second...there is not just one gene in the body that is responsible for hair color..its not as easy as turning a switch on or off...little more complicated. you may have a solid year of basic bio under your belt but maybe you could think things are more complicated then your teacher says
    Last edited by cwrestler141; 07-12-2007 at 07:21 PM.

  7. #7
    alexkohnen is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I doubht it

  8. #8
    Azrael_13 is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Ichigo's hair color is due to his reiatsu anyways, however it works... in whatever way it works, simply because it's huge.

    Most of the odd colored-hair people have pretty high reiatsu. Orange, pink, white, for a few colors.

  9. #9
    StealDragon's Avatar
    StealDragon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NCC-1701
    Posts
    13,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyTheStrange View Post
    Now, this theory only has weight if Genetics means anything in anime/manga, which it probably doesn't. :P
    But watching the flashbacks of Ichigo's mum made me wonder how Ichigo, who has orange hair, could possibly be the spawn of a black-headed man and a brown headed women...
    Genetically, he'd have to either have his mother or his father's hair. (We did it in science last year. There's no questioning it.)
    So that accounts for his two sisters... who both have black & brown hair... and somehow, his parents don't seem to be the "affair" type.
    (It's also why I think Naruto is obviously the 3rd hokage's son, since he is pretty much the only other man in the village with blonde hair. XD)

    So, any theories on who Ichigo's real parents might be??


    I'd like to die with the songs I love stuck in my head. I hope to make the most of these hollow bones we become.
    I raise a toast to the the souls that sang all along. I've been gathering friends to just to make some sounds,
    before the ship goes down, I've been making amends by making the rounds before the whole world ends


    [Chit Chat Specific Forum Rules] // Last Update - Friday March 13, 2009

  10. #10
    GiantPandaRawr is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by echoblaze View Post
    dominant and recessive genes are only part of the very basic inheritance mechanism. there's also... some other term which i can't remember right now, where both traits are expressed together.

    then there's expressivity (intensity of the expression - ie. dark brown as opposed to light brown).

    geez, this is reminding me of my first-year genetics class...
    I think what you're thinking of would be either co-dominance or incomplete dominance.
    One's where you have red and white and you get pink, while the other is where you have red and white and you get red with white dots, or something that separates the 2 colors : /

 

 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162