Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 65
  1. #11
    animefan is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    492

    Default

    I hate the filler episodes but not as much as naruto. I reason I can't stand it is because all of a sudden they added new species that made the existing characters look weak and pathetic. I mean, if ichigo can't handle some of those bounto, how can the other Vice-Captains handle them. Besides, judging from the destructive power of ichigo and Chad from the Soul Society Arc, they should have easily defeated the bounto. Heck, Ichigo should be able to hold down and suffocate those bountos by his reiatsu alone when he powered.

  2. #12
    Hitsugaya-The-Great is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by animefan
    I hate the filler episodes but not as much as naruto. I reason I can't stand it is because all of a sudden they added new species that made the existing characters look weak and pathetic. I mean, if ichigo can't handle some of those bounto, how can the other Vice-Captains handle them. Besides, judging from the destructive power of ichigo and Chad from the Soul Society Arc, they should have easily defeated the bounto. Heck, Ichigo should be able to hold down and suffocate those bountos by his reiatsu alone when he powered.
    It's the other way around, the Vice-Captains are actually showing Ichigo who's boss. Kira saved Ichigo's ass >_>, KIRA.

    Besides, the show wouldn't be fun if Ichigo went face-to-face with captain level opponents every episode. It would get crap to crap.


    Chuck Norris once challenged Lance Armstrong in a "Who has more testicles?" contest. Chuck Norris won by 5.

  3. #13
    animefan is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Hitsugaya-The-Great,

    Read my statement again, I said that the Vice Captains shouldn't be better than Ichigo which means they are better than ichigo in that episode, which is the same exact thing as you said, not the other way around. As to your 2nd statement, sure it would be sorta crappy if things get repetitive but pitching ichigo against supposed lower than captain level opponents should mean that ichigo should be able to easily beat them and this isn't what we have seen. I can understand that they don't want to introduce new and more powerful enemies because they're doing filler episodes but why not just create a new filler arc in which only the weaker guys fight those bountos. For example, after ichigo left the Soul Society he could have went on a trip to somewhere else and when the bounto strikes, our temporary hero team will consist of Orihime, kon, hanatarou, the guy who turn things to sand, chad, and rukia. This way, it'll be a challenge for our heroes and would still make sense.

  4. #14
    animefan is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Hitsugaya-The-Great,

    Read my statement again, I said that the Vice Captains shouldn't be better than Ichigo which means they are better than ichigo in that episode, which is the same exact thing as you said, not the other way around. As to your 2nd statement, sure it would be sorta crappy if things get repetitive but pitching ichigo against supposed lower than captain level opponents should mean that ichigo should be able to easily beat them and this isn't what we have seen. I can understand that they don't want to introduce new and more powerful enemies because they're doing filler episodes but why not just create a new filler arc in which only the weaker guys fight those bountos. For example, after ichigo left the Soul Society he could have went on a trip to somewhere else and when the bounto strikes, our temporary hero team will consist of Orihime, kon, hanatarou, the guy who turn things to sand, chad, and rukia. This way, it'll be a challenge for our heroes and would still make sense.

  5. #15
    erachima is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    At my computer.
    Posts
    2,020

    Default

    Ichigo is pretty much running scared from his inner hollow at this point, which does explain pretty well why he is acting so weak.

    Also, Kira happens to have the best possible ability matchup for fighting against Daruk: While Ichigo could slash her apart, she would just reform. Kira won not because he is stronger than ichigo, but rather because he has a cheap-as-hell shikai ability and was fighting an opponent made of a ton of liquid metal.

    Actually, there are only 3 ways that come to mind by which you could defeat Kira: Be way faster than him, use ranged attacks, or fight him with a weapon where weight is not an issue like Matsumoto did. His shikai ability allows him to defeat any melee fighter with ease.

    Uryuu freaky, pale and geeky,
    how do your powers grow?
    "With gloves and scars and silver stars
    and swords that I shoot from a bow,
    yes, swords that I shoot from a bow."

  6. #16
    Hitsugaya-The-Great is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by animefan
    Hitsugaya-The-Great,

    Read my statement again, I said that the Vice Captains shouldn't be better than Ichigo which means they are better than ichigo in that episode, which is the same exact thing as you said, not the other way around.
    Guess it was a misunderstanding. Usually though, the use of a question mark should help out since I didn't know if it was a statement or a question. I guess it was a statement.

    As to your 2nd statement, sure it would be sorta crappy if things get repetitive but pitching ichigo against supposed lower than captain level opponents should mean that ichigo should be able to easily beat them and this isn't what we have seen.
    Didn't they already go through why he has such a power degrade? He's in the real world where there's not much spiritrons for him to go uber mode.

    I can understand that they don't want to introduce new and more powerful enemies because they're doing filler episodes but why not just create a new filler arc in which only the weaker guys fight those bountos. For example, after ichigo left the Soul Society he could have went on a trip to somewhere else and when the bounto strikes, our temporary hero team will consist of Orihime, kon, hanatarou, the guy who turn things to sand, chad, and rukia. This way, it'll be a challenge for our heroes and would still make sense.
    That is true, but then again it's already happening. The Vice-Captains that showed up are wach fighting their respective opponents and Ichigo did just get hurt. Maybe that'll leave him out of commission for a while. Knowing the producers, probably not.

    They should just let Ichigo recover for a couple of episodes until the fight against Kamiya Jin. That way, it's strength vs. strength.


    Chuck Norris once challenged Lance Armstrong in a "Who has more testicles?" contest. Chuck Norris won by 5.

  7. #17
    ghost305 is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    Bount or no Bount, the anime messed up, they are little by little integrating some of the manga story line into the fillers. They even showed Hirako Shinji in the Op meaning at some point in the fillers, he too will make an appearance. At first i thought it was only Renji and Rukia, but everybody seems to be coming to Karakura little by little.

  8. #18
    Namonaki is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    10th Division
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Ichigo would still get majorly pwned by Kariya Jin o_0
    I mean, they dude been guzzlin like 50 bitto drinks
    Ichigo can't even pop a bankai <_<;;

    Which sort've scares me, that means that Captains would have to come in and fix stuff...meaning, possible 'LIFT THE LIMIT' stuff xD

    Anyway, on B7 I did a filler reflection...Tell me, does this make sense.

    Ya know how Kariya Jin is sucking down all the spiritual energy that will be converted to reiatsu and whatever right? Well, I was thinkin, they ain't send Yumichika for the real world for nothing right? Yumichika's zanpaktou's ability allows him to suck out a user's spiritual energy o_0...

    So like, Yumichika is like the strongest person in the filler by far o_0

    This is why fillers suck xD

  9. #19
    Hitsugaya-The-Great is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Namonaki
    Ichigo would still get majorly pwned by Kariya Jin o_0
    I mean, they dude been guzzlin like 50 bitto drinks
    Ichigo can't even pop a bankai <_<;;

    Which sort've scares me, that means that Captains would have to come in and fix stuff...meaning, possible 'LIFT THE LIMIT' stuff xD

    Anyway, on B7 I did a filler reflection...Tell me, does this make sense.

    Ya know how Kariya Jin is sucking down all the spiritual energy that will be converted to reiatsu and whatever right? Well, I was thinkin, they ain't send Yumichika for the real world for nothing right? Yumichika's zanpaktou's ability allows him to suck out a user's spiritual energy o_0...

    So like, Yumichika is like the strongest person in the filler by far o_0

    This is why fillers suck xD
    If it's like that, he's the strongest person in the Manga too, besides Aizen of course. I think they're gonna explain his shikai ability in these fillers like they did Matsumoto's. Like give him some sort of restriction where he can only absorb to an extent of his own reiatsu. This way, it'll explain that he has very low reiatsu and that he can't absorb more than his or he'll explode.

    That sounds fine. Although, knowing him he'll fight the doctor guy and win.


    Chuck Norris once challenged Lance Armstrong in a "Who has more testicles?" contest. Chuck Norris won by 5.

  10. #20
    animefan is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erachima
    Ichigo is pretty much running scared from his inner hollow at this point, which does explain pretty well why he is acting so weak.

    Also, Kira happens to have the best possible ability matchup for fighting against Daruk: While Ichigo could slash her apart, she would just reform. Kira won not because he is stronger than ichigo, but rather because he has a cheap-as-hell shikai ability and was fighting an opponent made of a ton of liquid metal.

    Actually, there are only 3 ways that come to mind by which you could defeat Kira: Be way faster than him, use ranged attacks, or fight him with a weapon where weight is not an issue like Matsumoto did. His shikai ability allows him to defeat any melee fighter with ease.


    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that the first time ichigo was scared of going bankai was when he first fought the arrancar and this story is supposed to be before that, so he shouldn't be running scared. Even if he's scared of going bankai, he should have been able to handle them without going bankai.

 

 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79