Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Wow!

  1. #1
    Lilstunna24 is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15

    Default Wow!

    Did you know that you have like only 5GB's of bandwidth to download from the site as a NF PLUS member.

    You then must purchase additional bandwidth to continue downloading anime from the site as a NF PLUS member. It cost more to purchase additional bandwidth then it does to buy a PLUS membership.

    Let me sum it up. So if you are a PLUS member you can download like the first 20 episodes of Naruto in one day. Then you run out of bandwidth as a PLUS member. So for the rest of the 30 days remaining in the month you cannot download shit even though you are a PLUS member. Tazmo forces you then to buy additional bandwidth to continue downloading. Its like $4 for another 5GB and $7 for 10GB of bandwidth. Do you know how much money he is making off just one member to continue downloading all the rest of the Naruto episodes?

    Also what if the PLUS member wants to download more anime? More bandwidth needs to be purchased. So becoming a PLUS member is just a huge rip because you must continuously purchase more and more even though you already paid the initial NF PLUS fee. If you want an entire season's worth of anime be prepared to shell out a lot of money!

    32k a year for donations? My god most people don't even make that much in yearly salary!! Whats funny is that this Vash guy supporting Tazmo on this site goes on claiming how NF doesn't really have a million active users, and i concur, then Tazmo goes on in his the NF comment board saying "If you had any knowledge of what you speak, then you wouldn't think it was so much. I defy you to run a website with 1 million members for any cheaper without constant downtime."

    In conclusion Tazmo is pretty much scamming people. A giant chunk of the donation money is going to PLUS members download and his pocket. He could just use all that money he gets from PLUS members and subtract it from the amount he needs to pay out but of course he is greedy and wants more!

  2. #2
    Vash7ehStampede is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Between the Wasteland and Sky
    Posts
    577

    Default Re: Wow!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilstunna24
    Did you know that you have like only 5GB's of bandwidth to download from the site as a NF PLUS member.
    Yes.

    You then must purchase additional bandwidth to continue downloading anime from the site as a NF PLUS member. It cost more to purchase additional bandwidth then it does to buy a PLUS membership.
    Mhm, we've gone over this before.

    Let me sum it up. So if you are a PLUS member you can download like the first 20 episodes of Naruto in one day. Then you run out of bandwidth as a PLUS member. So for the rest of the 30 days remaining in the month you cannot download shit even though you are a PLUS member. Tazmo forces you then to buy additional bandwidth to continue downloading. Its like $4 for another 5GB and $7 for 10GB of bandwidth. Do you know how much money he is making off just one member to continue downloading all the rest of the Naruto episodes?
    At 4 episodes to a gigabyte (=20 eps/5 GB), he will make $28 in addition to the original membership fee.

    Also what if the PLUS member wants to download more anime? More bandwidth needs to be purchased. So becoming a PLUS member is just a huge rip because you must continuously purchase more and more even though you already paid the initial NF PLUS fee. If you want an entire season's worth of anime be prepared to shell out a lot of money!
    We already knew it was a ripoff. It's a ripoff to join any download service in the first place, and Tazmo's isn't the only pay-download service out there.

    32k a year for donations? My god most people don't even make that much in yearly salary!!
    Mean US adult salary: approximately $40,000.
    Get your facts straight before you start ranting like a lunatic.

    Whats funny is that this Vash guy supporting Tazmo on this site goes on claiming how NF doesn't really have a million active users, and i concur, then Tazmo goes on in his the NF comment board saying "If you had any knowledge of what you speak, then you wouldn't think it was so much. I defy you to run a website with 1 million members for any cheaper without constant downtime."
    I'm not "this Vash guy", and did I just see you berating me for not trying to give a bunch of bullshit excuses for Tazmo? Jesus H. Christ, there's no safe ground here!

    The "1 million members" mark is a misrepresentation, but not at all unlike what almost every website and news organization does to its benefit. Remember the old quote about lies, damn lies, and statistics? Tazmo made a true statement.
    And his site does have to handle traffic for a good portion of those million members, plus the data for each of the million.
    It does cost a lot of money to run a site with hundreds of thousands of active (many very active) users. We don't know how much it actually costs; this has been speculated upon by a number of people within this forum, and estimates range from FREE (bullshit) to $30,000+ (also bullshit).

    In conclusion Tazmo is pretty much scamming people. A giant chunk of the donation money is going to PLUS members download and his pocket. He could just use all that money he gets from PLUS members and subtract it from the amount he needs to pay out but of course he is greedy and wants more!
    Everyone, including Tazmo, knows he's not going to get $30,000 in donations. However, this high figure will get him more donations, which will either ensure all his costs are covered or give him a bit of pocket money.

    If you're looking for a real scammer, try the guy who every year threatens to kill and eat Toby the rabbit if he doesn't get $50,000 in donations.
    I'm not here much, but if you have anything to say to me about Tazmo, you're either (a) fanatical, or (b) wrong. If not, we can be friends. Except you, Martyr. We can never be friends.

  3. #3
    Lilstunna24 is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Wow!

    We already knew it was a ripoff. It's a ripoff to join any download service in the first place, and Tazmo's isn't the only pay-download service out there.
    I don't think it's a ripoff to join any service. There are some good deals out there that don't go blatantly overboard like NarutoFan.

    Mean US adult salary: approximately $40,000.
    Get your facts straight before you start ranting like a lunatic.
    32k isn't "that" far off of 40k but whatever. Before calling me a lunatic and telling me to get my facts straight wouldn't it be wise to take your own advice? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the average salary of a U.S. worker makes $30,000-$36,000 a year with an increase of $15 in hourly wages last year.


    I'm not "this Vash guy", and did I just see you berating me for not trying to give a bunch of bullshit excuses for Tazmo? Jesus H. Christ, there's no safe ground here!

    The "1 million members" mark is a misrepresentation, but not at all unlike what almost every website and news organization does to its benefit. Remember the old quote about lies, damn lies, and statistics? Tazmo made a true statement.
    And his site does have to handle traffic for a good portion of those million members, plus the data for each of the million.
    It does cost a lot of money to run a site with hundreds of thousands of active (many very active) users. We don't know how much it actually costs; this has been speculated upon by a number of people within this forum, and estimates range from FREE (bullshit) to $30,000+ (also bullshit).
    LOL sorry i didn't know your forum ego was that sensitive . "This Vash guy" was simply used because I didn't remember your full name with the number you added somewhere. As for berating you i don't see how you came to that conclusion. I even stated that "I concur" with you and i already stated why i called you "this vash guy". You thinking i was berating you was simply an overanalyzation on your part and may have been caused because you seem to take things too personal when it comes to what other people say about Tazmo.

    Keyword being 30,000+ is bullshit. Thats all that matters because that is the number he put up on his site and thats the number he is claiming is "legit".

    Everyone, including Tazmo, knows he's not going to get $30,000 in donations. However, this high figure will get him more donations, which will either ensure all his costs are covered or give him a bit of pocket money.

    If you're looking for a real scammer, try the guy who every year threatens to kill and eat Toby the rabbit if he doesn't get $50,000 in donations.
    No thanks, I'll stick with calling out Tazmo. He always goes on saying that this money is "for us" (aka the NF users) and it all goes to maintenance cost, yet you have already stated that he may pocket this money. Thats why i believe this site is up (stoptazmo.com and many more), to point out and magnify the scam he is running.

    I understand your point of view why you defend him because some of the comments made on this site go maybe too far or maybe to farfetched but in the end an apple is an apple and a is scam is a scam and pocketing potential thousands when you make up some detailed chart explaining how this money will be for "15 servers" is kinda dirty. (lol yes i know the apple is an apple part was dumb to add).

  4. #4
    Vash7ehStampede is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Between the Wasteland and Sky
    Posts
    577

    Default Re: Wow!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilstunna24
    I don't think it's a ripoff to join any service. There are some good deals out there that don't go blatantly overboard like NarutoFan.
    Really. And what would these good deals be?

    Mean US adult salary: approximately $40,000.
    Get your facts straight before you start ranting like a lunatic.
    32k isn't "that" far off of 40k but whatever. Before calling me a lunatic and telling me to get my facts straight wouldn't it be wise to take your own advice? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the average salary of a U.S. worker makes $30,000-$36,000 a year with an increase of $15 in hourly wages last year.
    The census disagrees with you...
    "The 2001 median household income in the United States was $42,228".
    http://www.census.gov/prod/2002pubs/p60-218.pdf (page 7)
    And data from 2004 says "the median income was $44,684 and the mean income was $60,070."
    http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet...-redoLog=false.

    LOL sorry i didn't know your forum ego was that sensitive .
    If you're going to try to be funny, I recommend not laughing at your own jokes.

    you seem to take things too personal when it comes to what other people say about Tazmo.
    Well that's a new one.

    Keyword being 30,000+ is bullshit. Thats all that matters because that is the number he put up on his site and thats the number he is claiming is "legit".
    So you're blaming him specifically for doing the same damn thing as everyone else.

    No thanks, I'll stick with calling out Tazmo. He always goes on saying that this money is "for us" (aka the NF users) and it all goes to maintenance cost, yet you have already stated that he may pocket this money. Thats why i believe this site is up (stoptazmo.com and many more), to point out and magnify the scam he is running.
    Now here's another question:
    Let's assume there's a surplus. Now, whatever it is (from my estimates, we'll go with about $7000), it does not necessarily go into his pockets for him to spend on whatever he damn well pleases. The donations could very easily be saved for future server costs.
    Every website gets either a surplus or a deficit. Those witha deficit are forced to shut down. Those with a surplus can save it for when donation levels drop.

    I understand your point of view why you defend him because some of the comments made on this site go maybe too far or maybe to farfetched but in the end an apple is an apple and a is scam is a scam and pocketing potential thousands when you make up some detailed chart explaining how this money will be for "15 servers" is kinda dirty. (lol yes i know the apple is an apple part was dumb to add).
    There are about 15 servers. We've tested that.
    I'm not here much, but if you have anything to say to me about Tazmo, you're either (a) fanatical, or (b) wrong. If not, we can be friends. Except you, Martyr. We can never be friends.

  5. #5
    Usernames is offline Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Wow!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vash7ehStampede
    There are about 15 servers. We've tested that.

    Really? I still see people arguing otherwise all the time...

  6. #6
    Penguins is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Follow the screams
    Posts
    419

    Default

    well lets just say this he definately upped his donations his original goal was $200 a month so thats 24,000 a year Plus the plus membership fees unless he added like 10 servers all of a sudden that doesn't account for an extra 8,000


    They will write a new page, if only they could write, they will start a new age all they need is time,its a penguin attack!!!

  7. #7
    Lilstunna24 is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Wow!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vash7ehStampede
    Really. And what would these good deals be?
    I would recommend animenuke.com. Not only do you just pay a monthly fee with no extra bullshit bandwidth fee like NF, you also get all the manga download for free. If that doesn't sound good well after your premium membership expires you can still download one episode of anime per day to keep up with your desired anime. (haha I sound like a salesman here)

    The census disagrees with you...
    "The 2001 median household income in the United States was $42,228".
    http://www.census.gov/prod/2002pubs/p60-218.pdf (page 7)
    And data from 2004 says the median income was $44,684 and the mean income was $60,070.
    http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20040518.html $36,000
    Really though, is there a need to continue on with this salary thing? I'm sure you could find more sites and i know i could find more sites supporting my stance. This was just a sarcastic comment i made to add some spice to my original post and you singled it out like it was my main point. Lets both just focus on the main point in hand.

    If you're going to try to be funny, I recommend not laughing at your own jokes.
    Actually no i wasn't trying to be funny. If i was trying to be funny i would say, "a man walked into a bar, ouch!" Although i do admit i occasionally laugh at my own jokes (whats wrong with that?) this was not the case. In fact this was simply a tease since you seemed "touchy" with me not calling you your proper name. The "LOL" i added was more "internet talk" that i have a habit of tagging on to my comments to show a little kidding around/teasing.

    Well that's a new one.
    Glad to bring to light anything new!


    So you're blaming him specifically for doing the same damn thing as everyone else.
    Everyone else is not asking for 32k and most likely you will say something to the tune of "well those sites aren't nearly as heavily busy as NarutoFan". Well true, but those sites ask for money within a corresponding amount of what is actually needed. $100 a month = 1200 a year compared to 32k a year? We both know 32k is certainly not needed to run a direct download website. Also this site is called StopTazmo, not StopTerrellOwens or StopThatRabbit. Therefore, yes i will specifically blame him/call him out (Tazmo) on this site to comply with whats intended for this website's subsection.

    Now here's another question:
    Let's assume there's a surplus. Now, whatever it is (from my estimates, we'll go with about $7000), it does not necessarily go into his pockets for him to spend on whatever he damn well pleases. The donations could very easily be saved for future server costs.
    Every website gets either a surplus or a deficit. Those witha deficit are forced to shut down. Those with a surplus can save it for when donation levels drop.
    Yes i cannot disagree with you. There is a possibility that Tazmo does put the money in a safe keeping to specifically reuse it for future server costs. But then again that is purely a subjective thought that i am not suprised you believe. Me believing he is a scammer thinks he pockets the money and goes to buy whatever laughing all the way to the bank. You, embracing the role of Tazmo's trusty sidekick, will probably believe in him.


    There are about 15 servers. We've tested that.
    I was unaware that there have been tests prior to me posting. If there is proof that he runs 15 servers I would like to know how much of it is dedicated to the PLUS members compared to just regular members who may donate.

    One last thing? What is your username on the NF forums? Are you Tenioshi something (I forgot the exact name but similar to that)or still Vash7ehStampede?

  8. #8
    Vash7ehStampede is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Between the Wasteland and Sky
    Posts
    577

    Default Re: Wow!

    http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20040518.html $36,000
    Really though, is there a need to continue on with this salary thing? I'm sure you could find more sites and i know i could find more sites supporting my stance. This was just a sarcastic comment i made to add some spice to my original post and you singled it out like it was my main point. Lets both just focus on the main point in hand.
    Yahoo... U.S. Census... Yahoo... U.S. Census.
    Which to believe...

    We both know 32k is certainly not needed to run a direct download website. Also this site is called StopTazmo, not StopTerrellOwens or StopThatRabbit. Therefore, yes i will specifically blame him/call him out (Tazmo) on this site to comply with whats intended for this website's subsection.
    There's been a fair amount of research done on here that suggests it may very well cost that much depending on who he's getting his servers from.

    Yes i cannot disagree with you. There is a possibility that Tazmo does put the money in a safe keeping to specifically reuse it for future server costs. But then again that is purely a subjective thought that i am not suprised you believe. Me believing he is a scammer thinks he pockets the money and goes to buy whatever laughing all the way to the bank. You, embracing the role of Tazmo's trusty sidekick, will probably believe in him.

    I was unaware that there have been tests prior to me posting. If there is proof that he runs 15 servers I would like to know how much of it is dedicated to the PLUS members compared to just regular members who may donate.
    Will someone with slightly more experience around here PLEASE tell this guy I'm hardly "Tazmo's trusty sidekick"?
    Also, if anyone remembers where the thread where we checked for narutofan servers is, please link.

    One last thing? What is your username on the NF forums? Are you Tenioshi something (I forgot the exact name but similar to that)or still Vash7ehStampede?

    Vash.
    I'm not here much, but if you have anything to say to me about Tazmo, you're either (a) fanatical, or (b) wrong. If not, we can be friends. Except you, Martyr. We can never be friends.

  9. #9
    Lilstunna24 is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Wow!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vash7ehStampede
    Yahoo... U.S. Census... Yahoo... U.S. Census.
    Which to believe...
    I noticed you neglected the AnimeNuke comment i made. I'm assuming that you conceded it wasn't that bad of a deal. :P

    Actually Yahoo was the search engine used but the information is quoted straight from the Bureau of Labor Statistics which the White also officially uses. Again why are we continuing to argue on the salary? This seems to be more focused on a pride thing about on who gets the last word in on this irrelevant topic between us.

    There's been a fair amount of research done on here that suggests it may very well cost that much depending on who he's getting his servers from.
    I would like to see this research or maybe point me to the link to show that it costs mind boggling 32k to run his servers. If there is substantial proof/research, why is there a growing feeling in the anime community that Tazmo is a scammer? Until there is clear proof i will continue to specifically call out Tazmo as you pointed out earlier. Call out Tazmo in a StopTazmo forum until proved he is not a scammer. Seems fair to me.

    Will someone with slightly more experience around here PLEASE tell this guy I'm hardly "Tazmo's trusty sidekick"?
    Also, if anyone remembers where the thread where we checked for narutofan servers is, please link.
    There's no need for anyone to tell me anything. I can simply click your profile and view your posts. Yes you are not a hardcore fanatic of Tazmo as some people are hardcore haters of Tazmo but there is no doubt in my mind that if there was a line separating Tazmo and StopTazmo you are on or atleast closer to Tazmo's side despite the occasional objective view you may post.
    Vash.
    Yeah, i think i have seen you before. You like the Konoha Bathhouse...

    P.S. Just as Legato got the best of Vash i think we both know who the victor is in this entire thread just by reviewing our posts. *cough..cough me haha. I like to kid around

  10. #10
    Vash7ehStampede is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Between the Wasteland and Sky
    Posts
    577

    Default Re: Wow!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilstunna24
    I noticed you neglected the AnimeNuke comment i made. I'm assuming that you conceded it wasn't that bad of a deal. :P
    I thought it had already been well established that I don't think any of these services are a good deal?

    Actually Yahoo was the search engine used but the information is quoted straight from the Bureau of Labor Statistics which the White also officially uses. Again why are we continuing to argue on the salary? This seems to be more focused on a pride thing about on who gets the last word in on this irrelevant topic between us.
    No, I'm just seriously wondering how Yahoo spits out a figure nearly $10,000 lower than the US Census website.

    I would like to see this research or maybe point me to the link to show that it costs mind boggling 32k to run his servers. If there is substantial proof/research, why is there a growing feeling in the anime community that Tazmo is a scammer? Until there is clear proof i will continue to specifically call out Tazmo as you pointed out earlier. Call out Tazmo in a StopTazmo forum until proved he is not a scammer. Seems fair to me.
    http://www.stoptazmo.com/viewtopic.p...er=asc&start=0
    Speculation on Tazmo's server costs, based on StopTazmo's costs. Plus, on page 2, server searches for Narutofan.
    I believe there was something else, but I can't find it at the moment.
    And there is a growing feeling that Tazmo is a scammer because Kane is working hard to build popular sentiment, and unfortunately, he's resorted to underhanded tactics like the "child porn" claims and accusations of hacking other websites. The ends don't justify the means here... if you're going to accuse Tazmo of lying, you have to be truthful yourself.
    Additionally, it's likely Kane did the hacking himself. I can no longer prove it since NarutoTalk died at one point, but over there, Kane showed a nasty habit of overloading Photobucket accounts of people who pissed him off (including mine, and a number of others who notified me because I was a mod at the time). That screams "script kiddie with anger issues". And what type of person is likely to DDoS multiple websites? Script kiddies who are either angry or looking for kicks.

    There's no need for anyone to tell me anything. I can simply click your profile and view your posts. Yes you are not a hardcore fanatic of Tazmo as some people are hardcore haters of Tazmo but there is no doubt in my mind that if there was a line separating Tazmo and StopTazmo you are on or atleast closer to Tazmo's side despite the occasional objective view you may post.
    I tend to appear opposed to whoever I'm around. Just my nature, I tend to represent whichever side seems underrepresented.
    But yeah, if it comes down to it, I side with Tazmo over Kane because Kane hasn't always been the nicest guy to me

    Yeah, i think i have seen you before. You like the Konoha Bathhouse...
    Ever the joker, eh?

    P.S. Just as Legato got the best of Vash i think we both know who the victor is in this entire thread just by reviewing our posts. *cough..cough me haha. I like to kid around
    As I said above... ever the joker, eh?
    I'm not here much, but if you have anything to say to me about Tazmo, you're either (a) fanatical, or (b) wrong. If not, we can be friends. Except you, Martyr. We can never be friends.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79