Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 120 of 120
  1. #111
    1cor1313's Avatar
    1cor1313 is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Under Kaze's feet
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    Don't see ads? Have you been there lately? Tons of pop ups. And making profit off of someone's hard work is hardly ok. And being entered into a prize drawing, whoppee. If the prizes were real. Doesn't seem like it. You are entitled to your own opinion but try seeing what we mean first then give your judgements.

  2. #112
    Brian Shiel is offline Administrator Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitty
    I think he's pretty smart for being able to have such a huge anime site and make money off it.
    If it wasn't for his old staff members, his site would not exist today. Now all of his old staff members quit his site, I wonder why? I believe it had to do with him asking for $450+ in donations but not even spending half of that on servers or anything related to his website. Of course this was along time ago before he started asking for $1000-$2000 monthly and throwing ads all over his sites.

    If you think lying to a bunch of kids/teenagers or anyone to get more money than he should from reselling peoples hard work is "smart", well that is pretty sad of you to think, and that makes you just as bad as him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitty
    I don't see why people wouldn't want to donate; the page loads fast, he has all the manga, and he has some anime for direct download, and you also don't have to see ads and get entered in a prize contest.
    He has a fast loading site because he has 4+ pop-ups, and 5+ ad banners on his website, he can get multiple servers just from that alone. It's not a hard task uploading or downloading a few hundred chapters of Naruto that can be done within 30 minutes, if he is the one who even does it.

    Also, the NarutoPLUS only removes the ads because you pay a fee and that fee pays him for what the advertisements would have made by you clicking around.

    Also, the prizes are not proven to be real.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitty
    especially one the size of nf.
    Size has nothing to do with "effort", just means he will get more money on his advertisements, and more donations. He has people do the hard work for him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitty
    it takes a lot of work keeping a website up
    His website takes hardly any effort. He just uploads a manga every now and then, waits for other people to finish their hard work then slaps it on his website, and racks in the donations that the translators deserve.

    Tazmo edits one or two pages, and gets all the credit and donations while Inane and other translators, subbers get nothing. Not even a link or a thank you.

    Also, none of his written information was actually written by him, he didn't design the website, he doesn't manage the servers, he doesn't code any of the website or write any scripts. Also, he has plenty of moderators and administrators to watch over the comments and the forums.

    His job is just laid back, wait for a manga release or episode release and post it up, rack in the donations.
    Your Name May Be Listed as Hosting an Internet Terror Site Without You Ever Knowing It

  3. #113
    Cold-NiTe's Avatar
    Cold-NiTe is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Tx, US
    Posts
    3,872

    Default

    I only consider him to be smart in that he is grifting in a sense and that would make him cunning.
    Dear cousin choppitychop89, you were a good relative, though I hardly knew ye.

  4. #114
    Mitty is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island (USA)
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Also, none of his written information was actually written by him, he didn't design the website, he doesn't manage the servers, he doesn't code any of the website or write any scripts. Also, he has plenty of moderators and administrators to watch over the comments and the forums.
    How do you know he doesn't manage the servers or code anything? If he doesn't, then I'm going to start thinking less of him...

    However, if he actually does code, manage servers, and do all that other admin type of stuff, I give him credit. There's a lot more to running a website than the average visitor thinks there is to it (at least a high bandwidth site, like Nf). You need to code, manage servers, call support and get them to do something if they mess up your servers (it's happened before) and on top of that make sure it's up 24x7 while also updating the site and media. A website with such the magnitude of Nf takes a ton of work to maintain; I can almost guarentee that, even if a lot of the work is handled by staff members.

    If you can prove that he doesn't do "admin jobs" then sure, I'll realize that he is a bit cheap.

    As always, not trying to flame anyone, just getting and giving info and opinions

  5. #115
    Brian Shiel is offline Administrator Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitty
    How do you know he doesn't manage the servers or code anything? If he doesn't, then I'm going to start thinking less of him...

    However, if he actually does code, manage servers, and do all that other admin type of stuff, I give him credit. There's a lot more to running a website than the average visitor thinks there is to it (at least a high bandwidth site, like Nf). You need to code, manage servers, call support and get them to do something if they mess up your servers (it's happened before) and on top of that make sure it's up 24x7 while also updating the site and media. A website with such the magnitude of Nf takes a ton of work to maintain; I can almost guarentee that, even if a lot of the work is handled by staff members.

    If you can prove that he doesn't do "admin jobs" then sure, I'll realize that he is a bit cheap.

    As always, not trying to flame anyone, just getting and giving info and opinions
    Whenever his website has "technical problems" he always has to wait for his German friend to fix anything that happends because even Tazmo said he has to have others fix it because he is server illiterate.

    Also, he has contests if you have seen them for submitting the best written information, he has other people write them.

    He also does not know how to code in HTML, PHP or any type of technical languages, as said by his previous staff members and current ones. Everything besides some news postings and the addition of a few mangas are done by his staff members.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitty
    A website with such the magnitude of Nf takes a ton of work to maintain; I can almost guarentee that, even if a lot of the work is handled by staff members.
    The size of a website has nothing to do with the amount of work it takes. He has unmetered bandwidth servers, so he doesn't even need to worry about that, as they are very cheap servers.
    Your Name May Be Listed as Hosting an Internet Terror Site Without You Ever Knowing It

  6. #116
    Karim is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Off-topic, Mitty, nice site you got there (AnimeNuke) you forgot to put a picture on it of Mickey Mouse though.

  7. #117
    Asmodeus is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I have never seen more jealous people in my life.

    As far as the scanlations go, people here will bash the Shannaro! scanlations just because they can, solely because they're from Narutofan. True, they don't do as much black and white editing, but it's intentional, they don't want to change and of the original drawing (and before you say anything about translation, I read a chapter of Inane's and found out that Sasori's husband was the sand traitor).

    But I'm not here to bash Inane. They have released many many chapters of very high quality manga scans for Naruto, and their colored pages as as-of-yet unequalted. Now I know for a fact that a new part of Shannaro! is coloring pages, and one of the people on that group is better than any of the Inane artists, but one person can't do everything, so it may be a while before they can match Inane there.

  8. #118
    Nordic_Viking_Chuna is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In a movie theater near you!
    Posts
    42

    Default


    I do not know if anyone noticed this, or even wrote about it but......

    "Our attorneys in the USA will be filing a petition with the Florida civil court to obtain the legal documents filed with the court under the Freedom of Information Act. We'll take bets on how long it takes him to deny that and claim George Bush forged the documents because, yes, he too is against Kane."

    (This was at the Narutofan blog.... http://www.narutofan.com/blog/)

    Yeah..... George Bush really cares about some stupid anime idiots on the internet.....

    I do not mean you guys..... I am just saying, that a president or even any government officials will really be caring about some punk as anime freaks......

    Though, if George Bush really cared about the matter, he would side with Tazmo, mostly because he likes to scam people too.....

    Hm........
    George Bush = scam
    Tazmo = scam
    George Bush = Tazmo?

    Just kidding, kind of......

    I hate Bush, and his bullshiting anti-morals..... that hypocritical bastard......

    Oh yeah, I really bet that the Tsunami Fund money really got to wear it was supposed to go....

    Oh yeah, it did, into George's pocket........


  9. #119
    martyr3810's Avatar
    martyr3810 is offline Banned Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    An Unmarked Grave
    Posts
    3,073

    Default

    You know the red cross president resigned a few years back because they used 2/3rds of the money donated to help for 7/11 to buy themselves new computer and various other equipment...

    All I have to say about how helpful donations are.

  10. #120
    NukeFall is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    98

    Default

    You know i couldve swore the freedom of information act only worked if it was the goverment who was involved. If you can just pull up personal info about any old person then whats the huge difference between it and the patriot act (The one i hate)

 

 
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79