Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44
  1. #31
    lozzie is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilija
    he could get an bttracker but no he want's to host directdownloads, why?
    Quote Originally Posted by dothackRAVE
    He's selling direct downloads, at higher speeds your miserable torrents will never achieve(especially older files)

  2. #32
    EVLdemonchild is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    here.
    Posts
    2

    Default

    So,

    "This is comparable to paying a hobo for a flier."
    -That just means if you're paying him for it, you're easily duped. (That would be funny though...)

    "I, personally, am a firm believer in NEVER paying for ANYTHING online because with a small committment of time you can always find it for free, but if some lazy douche wants to take the easy road then that's up to him."
    -I agree with that. Except for the douche part.

    "one more thing tazmo does, he takes manga without notification from free scanlators like zombie scans and then removes the credits and charges people to download them."
    -That is as bad as pirating... but fansubs and scanlations are kinda like that anyway aren't they? Distributing anime and manga that should be bought... (not that I have a problem with that, mehehehe ) the correct way to do ANY of this is to post translations ONLY but not any of the purchaseable content.

    "[I have a hard time believing that he links to all fansubbers torrent sites for all the series', cuz if he did everyone would realize that they can get all that for free. cuz it is after all free fansubs, and what hes doing is selling FREE fansubs and now even FREE manga scans]

    [Maybe you should actually look at his site. He has a page of links to torrent sites for Naruto anime downloads.]

    [I was talking about the rest of the series that are hosted there]"
    -Doesn't all that go back to "you can always find it for free, but if someone wants to take the easy road then that's up to him."?

    I see the problem with making profits off of other people's work (as an artist, I tend to hurt people who copy MY stuff), so why hasn't anyone reported him to the companies whose licensed the series' he's selling? If he really has altered things, then they won't be traced back to the originators. Everything he's selling is copyrighted material and is thus illegal whereas the people who he took it from provide it for free which makes him a criminal and the original providers are only, say, 'lending it out to a friend'. Am I making any sense? (I usually don't... >_>;; )
    Moo.

  3. #33
    blankname is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6

    Default

    like to say I think this is a really good thread, lots of talking points and both sides come across in an intelligent way.
    Have to say while I still agree with stopTazmo, I'd still like to heaqr more from the other side. It still sounds like he's more shady than honest.

  4. #34
    lee123 is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_zoot
    I think that NF+ has a subscription fee but he also asks for donations whether you are a NF+ or not.

    The problem is people think he's "selling" the scanlations which are meant to be free. In my opinion, charging for bandwidth is like paying for a cab. It is perfectly free to walk to the library but some people who have the means (and are lazy) would pay for the taxi. Does this mean that the taxi company is making an unfair profit off of the library? I think not. I, personally, am a firm believer in NEVER paying for ANYTHING online because with a small committment of time you can always find it for free, but if some lazy douche wants to take the easy road then that's up to him.
    No no, there is a free option for downloading the manga off his site. You don't have to donate in order to get manga off his site. He charges for the bandwith of the so called "high-speed" download of anime episodes ( I've never subscribed so I do not know where or not the DL speeds are fast or not). He's not charging for the fansubs, he is charging for the service he is providing (i.e fast Naruto episodes).
    Yes, it's true that he could just open up a torrents section ( or maybe he does have one, I haven't checked up on this yet) but then that would deter from his profit making. While I do not condone on this kind of behavior, I believe he its making a pretty good profit out of a target audience. Some people don't like waiting for 6 hours for their BT to download. ( Don't give me shit about how you guys download episodes in like 15 minutes because thats not the point). I'm sure that the people paying his subscrition fee of 1 dollar ( I don't know exact price, haven't checked website in a while) do not feel ripped off about that 1 dollar, so I don't understand what all the hate is about.



    Edit: Oh I forgot to regard the donation thing because I know you guys are going to bring this up.

    What are donations? The Webster's definition of donation is the making of a gift especially to a charity or public institution; a free contribution.

    Ok, so while Tazmo might complain and wail about his extremely expensive servers, as heard from DotHackRave,(who apparently has done a lot of EXTENSIVE research on this) it is safe to assume that Tazmo does indeed have 3 servers on his website. I've done some research on my own and discovered that his 32,000 dollar money prospect does seem a bit steep but fesible, since Narutofan is an extremely popular site and (according to Tazmo himself) has hundreds of thousands of people check that site everyday. That must be one HELL of a lot of bandwidth. Also, he is hosting downloads. While this site hosts downloads as well,(and a very wide selection) it is not where near the SIZE or does it offer the speed at which Narutofan offers. Also check this other forum that discusses cost of bandwidth

    here.http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/a...mbers-p-1.html

    Its sort of informative.

  5. #35
    SorHaiTazmo is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dothackRAVE
    a) Indeed, the administrators of this site will know how much it costs to run this site. However, this site is no where near the scale at which narutofan is being run. Just as much it will cost Numbus US$1500 at the minimum, it can cost the next guy US$2000. However, you pay for what you get, and since I usually get downloads from narutofan at around 100kb/s, it's fair to say he's using high end servers. I certainly don't get 100kb/s downloads here. Plus, Tazmo allegedly THREE servers, a far cry from the number he claimed indeed, but there is no evidence for either, so I'll use this site's estimate for safe measure.
    Why did Tazmo lied about how many servers he have then?
    He said he have 15 servers to host media. If like what you've said $1500/month, it will cost $22,500 a month and $270,000 a year but he is asking only for $32,000 a year o_O im not saying its not ok to ask only a fraction of the cost. Maybe Tazmo is some multi-millionaire who is willing to pay the extra for the sake of the fans !! lol

    correct me if im wrong

  6. #36
    coolerimmortal is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SorHaiTazmo
    Quote Originally Posted by dothackRAVE
    a) Indeed, the administrators of this site will know how much it costs to run this site. However, this site is no where near the scale at which narutofan is being run. Just as much it will cost Numbus US$1500 at the minimum, it can cost the next guy US$2000. However, you pay for what you get, and since I usually get downloads from narutofan at around 100kb/s, it's fair to say he's using high end servers. I certainly don't get 100kb/s downloads here. Plus, Tazmo allegedly THREE servers, a far cry from the number he claimed indeed, but there is no evidence for either, so I'll use this site's estimate for safe measure.
    Why did Tazmo lied about how many servers he have then?
    He said he have 15 servers to host media. If like what you've said $1500/month, it will cost $22,500 a month and $270,000 a year but he is asking only for $32,000 a year o_O im not saying its not ok to ask only a fraction of the cost. Maybe Tazmo is some multi-millionaire who is willing to pay the extra for the sake of the fans !! lol

    correct me if im wrong
    He doesn't have 15 servers.

    He's not a multi-millionaire. He's a 17 year old who makes his money by robbing scanlators and fansubbers. He needs to die.

  7. #37
    SorHaiTazmo is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolerimmortal
    He doesn't have 15 servers.

    He's not a multi-millionaire. He's a 17 year old who makes his money by robbing scanlators and fansubbers. He needs to die.
    LoL thats the whole point of my post. Tazmo is a big fat liar =D

  8. #38
    shinigamiX is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SorHaiTazmo
    Quote Originally Posted by dothackRAVE
    a) Indeed, the administrators of this site will know how much it costs to run this site. However, this site is no where near the scale at which narutofan is being run. Just as much it will cost Numbus US$1500 at the minimum, it can cost the next guy US$2000. However, you pay for what you get, and since I usually get downloads from narutofan at around 100kb/s, it's fair to say he's using high end servers. I certainly don't get 100kb/s downloads here. Plus, Tazmo allegedly THREE servers, a far cry from the number he claimed indeed, but there is no evidence for either, so I'll use this site's estimate for safe measure.
    Why did Tazmo lied about how many servers he have then?
    He said he have 15 servers to host media. If like what you've said $1500/month, it will cost $22,500 a month and $270,000 a year but he is asking only for $32,000 a year o_O im not saying its not ok to ask only a fraction of the cost. Maybe Tazmo is some multi-millionaire who is willing to pay the extra for the sake of the fans !! lol

    correct me if im wrong
    You're wrong.

  9. #39
    mr_zoot is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1cor1313
    That's a bad analogy. This is comparable to paying a hobo for a flier.
    That wasn't a bad analogy at all! The flier analogy is worse since the flier represents information you can get for free (scanlation) while the taxi represents a means to get what you want that is more convinient and so costs money (direct download)

    Tazmo is not selling scanlations!

    Keep in mind I think anyone who pays for direct downloads when they don't need to is a bourgiose pig but that doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of people willing to piss money away on unneccessary things (we all have one of these vices) and there will always be someone to 'kindly' take this money that people are so eager to get rid of.

  10. #40
    1cor1313's Avatar
    1cor1313 is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Under Kaze's feet
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    Well you can get scanlations for free. And Tazmo DOES charge for scanlations. Just not the Naruto ones. =P

 

 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162