Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44
  1. #11
    huangxhimura is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Tazmo found himself another dickrider

  2. #12
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dothackRAVE
    Okay, I found a few issues about Tazmo:

    2) He buys porn/pedo porn

    That's a personal attack. I have my own unique tastes in sex and whatnot, and no one has the right to call me a scammer for my tastes in sex. Thank the Gods he doesn't sue you for defamation.

    4) He steals donations to buy himself a new laptop.

    Again, none of you here have ever ran a site similar in scale to Narutofan or Hentai Euphoria. I'll tell you one thing, the laptop/computer you use makes a MASSIVE difference in making things work. Extra HDD space, faster processing, less crashes, better web editors can be run are just a few advantages of a good laptop. I used to run HE from a laptop that's at least 7 years old. Now I'm using a brand new laptop. The difference can be felt. You may not like it that he's saving time in making the site, instead of slaving the extra time to provide you with downloads, but the man has the right to conveniences.

    So yeah, I've not seen anything credible here. Care to point me in the right direction?
    Now I'm not one of the major frequenters of this forum, but I do have a few comments -

    2) I think the point was that he buys this with the money people give him. Which is the wrong thing.

    4) He may have the right to convieniences, but with other people's money!? Having a better computer may make running a site easier, but if you want that convienience, you'd better get it yourself. It's one thing to pay money to keep a site running - it's another thing to pay that money to make the site a bit faster. Sometimes you just have to sacrifice things.

    By the way, computers are cheaper than laptops. It's a fact. I've researched computer prices when getting a new one, and laptop prices when checking things out for university. I find a desktop much better to work with than a portable one, also.
    ~Digital_Eon~




  3. #13
    dothackRAVE is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Shiel
    It does not cost even close to that amount, he spends maybe $1000-$1500 (if that) on servers per month.
    The server my site will return to be hosted on will cost at the minimum US$1500 per month. You guys claim that he has THREE servers. Numbus said this upcoming server was a bargain. Let's say he got it at a bargain(which I highly doubt, because if he really has no life as you say, then he won't have the contacts for a bargain.). It will still cost him approximately US$4500 per month for the servers, at the minimum, not counting the amount he has to pay for the domain and bandwidth.

    Add all of it together, and with the scale of Narutofan.com, it can be accurately estimated to about US$7000 in total. Add in the number of unique hits per day, the cost should shoot up to US$8000 or so due to bandwidth.

    The previous estimate I gave was rather modest already. You don't get servers of Narutofan's type at US$1500 that easily, and moreover, THREE of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon

    Now I'm not one of the major frequenters of this forum, but I do have a few comments -

    2) I think the point was that he buys this with the money people give him. Which is the wrong thing.

    4) He may have the right to convieniences, but with other people's money!? Having a better computer may make running a site easier, but if you want that convienience, you'd better get it yourself. It's one thing to pay money to keep a site running - it's another thing to pay that money to make the site a bit faster. Sometimes you just have to sacrifice things.

    By the way, computers are cheaper than laptops. It's a fact. I've researched computer prices when getting a new one, and laptop prices when checking things out for university. I find a desktop much better to work with than a portable one, also.
    2) There was such an accusation, but from reading the quoted post, no one seems to have stopped to wonder if there were TWO different PayPal accounts instead of one. It seems more like people are paranoid than him being guilty of anything once you analyse his words carefully.

    4) You don't have the right to tell him to sacrifice something. Doing so is just oppression, and isn't a sacrifice on his part. You're just enslaving him for your own gain if you did that.

    And a laptop is much better for running a site. We all have lives to live, and laptops allow us to work on sites on the go. Trust me, I work on Hentai Euphoria in public, on trains, on buses, etc., which draws some dirty looks. But I know, I can't do all my work on my desktop PC, because I'm not home long enough to do anything. A desktop may be cheaper, but you upload far less than you would be uploading if you used a laptop.

  4. #14
    Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Digital_Eon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kya~nada
    Posts
    17,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dothackRAVE
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Shiel
    It does not cost even close to that amount, he spends maybe $1000-$1500 (if that) on servers per month.
    The server my site will return to be hosted on will cost at the minimum US$1500 per month. You guys claim that he has THREE servers. Numbus said this upcoming server was a bargain. Let's say he got it at a bargain(which I highly doubt, because if he really has no life as you say, then he won't have the contacts for a bargain.). It will still cost him approximately US$4500 per month for the servers, at the minimum, not counting the amount he has to pay for the domain and bandwidth.

    Add all of it together, and with the scale of Narutofan.com, it can be accurately estimated to about US$7000 in total. Add in the number of unique hits per day, the cost should shoot up to US$8000 or so due to bandwidth.

    The previous estimate I gave was rather modest already. You don't get servers of Narutofan's type at US$1500 that easily, and moreover, THREE of them.

    2) There was such an accusation, but from reading the quoted post, no one seems to have stopped to wonder if there were TWO different PayPal accounts instead of one. It seems more like people are paranoid than him being guilty of anything once you analyse his words carefully.

    4) You don't have the right to tell him to sacrifice something. Doing so is just oppression, and isn't a sacrifice on his part. You're just enslaving him for your own gain if you did that.

    And a laptop is much better for running a site. We all have lives to live, and laptops allow us to work on sites on the go. Trust me, I work on Hentai Euphoria in public, on trains, on buses, etc., which draws some dirty looks. But I know, I can't do all my work on my desktop PC, because I'm not home long enough to do anything. A desktop may be cheaper, but you upload far less than you would be uploading if you used a laptop.
    I would think the administrator of the site would also know how much it costs to run servers.

    Also, I do think that asking a person to sacrifice something is perfectly acceptable - in the instance of that person using SOMEONE ELSE'S money to pay for that thing they should be sacrificing. It's fine to splurge on something using your own money. It's not right to use someone else's. Telling someone to make that kind of sacrifice isn't slavery.

    Okay, if you're not at home long enough to work on something, where the hell are you? Do you honestly have that much time on the subway? On the bus? Sure, we all have lives, but to not have enough time at home to work? *shakes head* Besides, from what I've heard of Tazmo, I think he works at home. This IS speculation, I'm willing to admit, so correct me if I'm wrong.

    Oh, and for someone who comments on the amount of personal attacks - read the bolded parts. Those seem to be pretty unfounded accusations that could be taken as personal.

    ~~~~~

    [Edited to avoid double-post]

    I will admit that there are people in this forum who will use personal, immature attacks on Tazmo, and on his followers. It can't be denied. However, I understood that the point of this board was for people to come and talk about why they disliked Tazmo, and in my opinion, the money-scamming thing (which I DO believe) is a major issue to be wary of that website. This site is called StopTazmo for a reason.

    We can agree to disagree about these points, but I don't think it was right of you to come here defending Tazmo - while you may disagree with people's opinions, this is hardly the place to do so. And any personal attacks that may come from those immature people... well, they'll probably happen. It's just a way of the boards.
    ~Digital_Eon~




  5. #15
    mr_zoot is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dothackRAVE


    4) You don't have the right to tell him to sacrifice something. Doing so is just oppression, and isn't a sacrifice on his part. You're just enslaving him for your own gain if you did that.
    Ayn Rand anyone??? anyone??? no one? has this fad gone out of style already??? or did you just read Faith of the Fallen? hmmmm? The only thing I hated about this neo-objectivism is the way the word enslaved is tossed around. I'm as reasonably self interested as the next guy but I don't think people are trying to enslave me when they try to use their version of morality to try and con me into doing what they want to do. There just con artists (whether they know it or not) not slavers.

    but dude, Digital_Eon, if no one ever defended tazmo at this site then it would just be a bunch of people talking about child porn. You have no Idea how glad I am to see this caliber of discussion here.

  6. #16
    dothackRAVE is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon

    I would think the administrator of the site would also know how much it costs to run servers.

    Also, I do think that asking a person to sacrifice something is perfectly acceptable - in the instance of that person using SOMEONE ELSE'S money to pay for that thing they should be sacrificing. It's fine to splurge on something using your own money. It's not right to use someone else's. Telling someone to make that kind of sacrifice isn't slavery.

    Okay, if you're not at home long enough to work on something, where the hell are you? Do you honestly have that much time on the subway? On the bus? Sure, we all have lives, but to not have enough time at home to work? *shakes head* Besides, from what I've heard of Tazmo, I think he works at home. This IS speculation, I'm willing to admit, so correct me if I'm wrong.

    Oh, and for someone who comments on the amount of personal attacks - read the bolded parts. Those seem to be pretty unfounded accusations that could be taken as personal.

    ~~~~~

    [Edited to avoid double-post]

    I will admit that there are people in this forum who will use personal, immature attacks on Tazmo, and on his followers. It can't be denied. However, I understood that the point of this board was for people to come and talk about why they disliked Tazmo, and in my opinion, the money-scamming thing (which I DO believe) is a major issue to be wary of that website. This site is called StopTazmo for a reason.

    We can agree to disagree about these points, but I don't think it was right of you to come here defending Tazmo - while you may disagree with people's opinions, this is hardly the place to do so. And any personal attacks that may come from those immature people... well, they'll probably happen. It's just a way of the boards.
    You made a few points within this post, which if you don't mind, I will address in bullet points to avoid messing things up:

    a) Indeed, the administrators of this site will know how much it costs to run this site. However, this site is no where near the scale at which narutofan is being run. Just as much it will cost Numbus US$1500 at the minimum, it can cost the next guy US$2000. However, you pay for what you get, and since I usually get downloads from narutofan at around 100kb/s, it's fair to say he's using high end servers. I certainly don't get 100kb/s downloads here. Plus, Tazmo allegedly THREE servers, a far cry from the number he claimed indeed, but there is no evidence for either, so I'll use this site's estimate for safe measure.

    b) I'll say he's a petty bastard if he used the money on something else, like a brand new TV. However, a brand new laptop is perfectly justifiable by reason of running a site. Granted, it is a convenience, not a need. However, considering that he is absolutely ON TIME with most of the updates on Naruto releases, he needs a fast laptop. I personally won't want to make late updates on a slower laptop by reason of slow processing. Granted, it isn't slavery, but I used the term "slavery" as an exaggaration. If you felt that such a term was unnecessary, I apologize.

    c) A more recent revelation I've had is that this purchase for a new laptop has no evidence whatsoever.

    d) Where am I? I'm at school, meeting friends, living my social life.

    e) True, you only heard those things about him, and there's no proof.

    f) The parts you bolded were words written in second person format(ie, the style used in manuals).

    g) Like zoot said, this place needs a dose of intelligence. Mindless raving and immature personal attacks isn't a way to hate someone. Isn't it better to justify the hate logically rather than go at it and find out months later what a moron you were? If you can win me over in this argument, you are also ending my business with Tazmo(I have a Narutofan PLUS! account), so if the hate was ever justifiable, you'd hand Tazmo his ass too.

  7. #17
    ZeRoRaVeN is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dothackRAVE
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon

    I would think the administrator of the site would also know how much it costs to run servers.

    Also, I do think that asking a person to sacrifice something is perfectly acceptable - in the instance of that person using SOMEONE ELSE'S money to pay for that thing they should be sacrificing. It's fine to splurge on something using your own money. It's not right to use someone else's. Telling someone to make that kind of sacrifice isn't slavery.

    Okay, if you're not at home long enough to work on something, where the hell are you? Do you honestly have that much time on the subway? On the bus? Sure, we all have lives, but to not have enough time at home to work? *shakes head* Besides, from what I've heard of Tazmo, I think he works at home. This IS speculation, I'm willing to admit, so correct me if I'm wrong.

    Oh, and for someone who comments on the amount of personal attacks - read the bolded parts. Those seem to be pretty unfounded accusations that could be taken as personal.

    ~~~~~

    [Edited to avoid double-post]

    I will admit that there are people in this forum who will use personal, immature attacks on Tazmo, and on his followers. It can't be denied. However, I understood that the point of this board was for people to come and talk about why they disliked Tazmo, and in my opinion, the money-scamming thing (which I DO believe) is a major issue to be wary of that website. This site is called StopTazmo for a reason.

    We can agree to disagree about these points, but I don't think it was right of you to come here defending Tazmo - while you may disagree with people's opinions, this is hardly the place to do so. And any personal attacks that may come from those immature people... well, they'll probably happen. It's just a way of the boards.
    You made a few points within this post, which if you don't mind, I will address in bullet points to avoid messing things up:

    a) Indeed, the administrators of this site will know how much it costs to run this site. However, this site is no where near the scale at which narutofan is being run. Just as much it will cost Numbus US$1500 at the minimum, it can cost the next guy US$2000. However, you pay for what you get, and since I usually get downloads from narutofan at around 100kb/s, it's fair to say he's using high end servers. I certainly don't get 100kb/s downloads here. Plus, Tazmo allegedly THREE servers, a far cry from the number he claimed indeed, but there is no evidence for either, so I'll use this site's estimate for safe measure.

    b) I'll say he's a petty bastard if he used the money on something else, like a brand new TV. However, a brand new laptop is perfectly justifiable by reason of running a site. Granted, it is a convenience, not a need. However, considering that he is absolutely ON TIME with most of the updates on Naruto releases, he needs a fast laptop. I personally won't want to make late updates on a slower laptop by reason of slow processing. Granted, it isn't slavery, but I used the term "slavery" as an exaggaration. If you felt that such a term was unnecessary, I apologize.

    c) A more recent revelation I've had is that this purchase for a new laptop has no evidence whatsoever.

    d) Where am I? I'm at school, meeting friends, living my social life.

    e) True, you only heard those things about him, and there's no proof.

    f) The parts you bolded were words written in second person format(ie, the style used in manuals).

    g) Like zoot said, this place needs a dose of intelligence. Mindless raving and immature personal attacks isn't a way to hate someone. Isn't it better to justify the hate logically rather than go at it and find out months later what a moron you were? If you can win me over in this argument, you are also ending my business with Tazmo(I have a Narutofan PLUS! account), so if the hate was ever justifiable, you'd hand Tazmo his ass too.
    Don't you see what's wrong with using someone's money given for donations used for something else?

    If the server costs really are so expensive then wouldn't it make more sense and take out alot of complication and issues if he simply used the donations to pay for the server upkeep and used HIS MONEY from whatever was saved or something else to buy himself a laptop? Unless you're saying maybe he gets so many donations that he can use them to pay for the server costs and his personal conviences.

    ike his fucking privacy? I guess no one here realizes the amount of information that can be revealed based on a screenshot of your PayPal transactions. Every single last move you made in the last six month with your money is revealed in those simple screens. That includes what he is buying from online retailers, which allows people to make accurate speculations as to what is going on in his very home.

    Plus, using that logic, we can say that he isn't going to show proof because he is absolutely confident to himself of his innocence. He doesn't need to give a fuck about you, and accusing him based on his refusal to post screenshots of his private life is just absolutely asinine.
    He can edit the screenshot using some lovely brush tools even MS Paint has, then again he might falsify the screenshots.

    I run Hentai Euphoria. I don't pay for the hosting though, because Numbus was kind enough to handle all the payments for me. Still, I know full well the amount of money required to run a site on the scale of narutofan.com and directmanga.com. It requires more than "a few thousand dollars" a month. The server that my site, along with a bunch of other sites, will return to be hosted on will cost Numbus at least a thousand a month, AT THE MINIMUM (my site is current down because the idiot data centers sold off the servers without our knowledge). Given that Tazmo may have lied about his eight servers, and allegedly only has three, it will still cost him US$4000~5000 A MONTH.

    None of you here have ANY IDEA about the costs of running sites in the large scale.
    So tell me, how does that qualify you to know more about it than us, or even the founder of this site?

    Yes you run this big site, yes it costs your hosting provider at least $1000 for hosting your site among others what are you saying stoptazmo is so small that their server costs are just a few hundred bucks per month? hello? You don't even pay for your own hosting, and those $1000 are not your site exclusively, I don't think it qualifies you to make any statements above the founder in this area.

  8. #18
    Lizard is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Among other reptiles
    Posts
    437

    Default

    @dothackRAVE: I am also quite interested what is your opinion on the whole issue of Tazmo fake prizes (to be precise: X-box...)
    To my knowledge there was noone who really won one of those.
    However congratulations, this is first more or less serious argument about Tazmo and Stoptazmo I seen in long time.


  9. #19
    lee123 is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Regarding the prizes issues, there really isn't much proof to justify that Tazmo actually gives the prizes out, but then again, there also isn't proof that he doesn't give out prizes either. Also, the points that Dothack has stated are by far the most reasonable and sound argument I think I've ever seen in these forums.

    I don't mean any disrespect to this website, but I KNOW for sure that the narutofan website is running on extremely high bandwidth servers;I average like 300kb per dl on that site, while on this site it is usually around 16kbs, taking that into account and the fact that narutofan itself generates at least somewhere in the 10s of thousands of hits per day, the bandwidth costs must be enormous.



    On a sidenote, Could you tell me how much it costs to host this website?

  10. #20
    iron skull is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia, WA
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lee123
    Regarding the prizes issues, there really isn't much proof to justify that Tazmo actually gives the prizes out, but then again, there also isn't proof that he doesn't give out prizes either. Also, the points that Dothack has stated are by far the most reasonable and sound argument I think I've ever seen in these forums.

    I don't mean any disrespect to this website, but I KNOW for sure that the narutofan website is running on extremely high bandwidth servers;I average like 300kb per dl on that site, while on this site it is usually around 16kbs, taking that into account and the fact that narutofan itself generates at least somewhere in the 10s of thousands of hits per day, the bandwidth costs must be enormous.



    On a sidenote, Could you tell me how much it costs to host this website?
    Strange, I'm used to slow download speeds on NF.
    adopted by 1cor1313

 

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162