Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Chaos Wind is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    11

    Default Call me a skeptic...

    ...But I'm not sure all the 'proof' of bad things done by Tazmo is actual proof...

    Don't get me wrong, though. I don't think NarutoFan.com is exactly a good thing. And just from looking at it, looks like a high probability of being just a scam. However, such things as the porn seem... Dubious to me.

    I'll just dissect some of it for a bit...

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Shiel
    Quote From Ils2 (Tazmo):
    "im not sure if you actually expect people to believe you. paypal keeps logs of every transaction you make dating back as far as when you first setup your account, heck i can look at the receipt for that porn site i signed up to with my paypal debit card last year! i know im a little late responding to you, by a few months, but really, come on you should be able to provide the proof you say you cant. call me a skeptic, or just logical."

    IP Address: 68.146.23.142
    IP Location: Canada - Alberta - Calgary - Shaw Communications Inc

    Exact same location and internet provider as Tazmo.

    Also, you can tell this is Tazmo by the way he types, examples below.
    I highly doubt the likelyhood of being able to know, for certain, that someone is someone else from their typing style. Even such use of all-caps... It's nowhere near conclusive. By any stretch.

    And using the IP address isn't definite either. You think Tazmo might be smart enough to use an anonymous proxy, perhaps, if he were to post something like that. And unless the IP is identical, it's not conclusive, either, as Shaw only provides cable internet, and the IP is not dynamic. It's quite static. In the ~2.5 years I've been keeping track of my own (Shaw, as well - but BC, not Alberta), it's changed a grand total of a single time.

    So, it's possible it's the same person, but by no means definite...


    Next case... The child porn...

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Shiel
    Tazmo Asks For Child Porn Donations

    I did a quick search on Google.com and another well known search engines, and very surprisingly came across some e-mail messages that Tazmo had sent to some individuals asking for donations for child porn.

    See the search results below:

    Google:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Kevin+Shiel&hl=en&lr=
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Narut...&start=10&sa=N

    MSN:
    http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?F...&q=Kevin+Shiel

    I will keep everyone up-to-date on anything more I find on this horrible act.
    The messages in question all appear to be to public mailing lists, and all appear to be the same message.

    And, as spammers do, e-mail addresses can be faked. Easily. All one has to do to fake a "From" header is to simply set it the e-mail address as that. And with some skills, writing a script to send mass e-mails with a fake From header would be simple. Without access to the full headers (which are not provided on a mailing list), determining where it was sent from is impossible.

    If you don't believe me, go to your e-mail client, add a new account, and set the e-mail address to whatever you want. Set the SMTP server to one you know, and try sending an e-mail. The From address will appear as whatever you set it as. Open SMTP servers are very plentiful, and easy to find, so it's very, very easy to do such a thing. And as I said, the average spammer does it all the time. You didn't think they sent spam from their own e-mail accounts, did you?

    Second, I doubt anyone would be truly stupid enough to send notices claiming to provide access to child porn to public mailing lists, with one's real name and website attached. The chance of being tracked down by the <insert local government branch handling this sort of thing here - FBI, police, whatever> is far too great.

    It seems simply like a lame defamation attempt to me, with almost zero chance of actually being real.

    (Oh, yeah, and if you're looking at the "Anti Spam Policy" at the bottom - which doesn't make any sense of what it is meant to be - it's just a part of the sent message - in other words, it's something tacked onto the end of the spam message when it was sent. Check the other messages on those mailing lists, and you'll note it's missing from every single one - so it's not added by the mailing list managing software.)

    Now, I think I'll look at What is going on with Tazmo? Read this!...

    First, the subsection labelled "WHY NARUTOFAN ARE CON-ARTISTS!!"... It seems like a silly bashing-fest... without any proof, to me. Sorry, but without *any* proof, I'm very skeptical of this 'life-story'...

    Next, the section labelled "Server Fraud"... Highly probable, due to the fact that those redundant ftp servers don't exist anymore. However that also closes any possibility for any further investigation by myself or others... Also let me note that the number of IP addresses one can assign to a machine depends on the number of network interfaces it has. Any given machine usually has no more than a handful of interfaces, because of a complete lack of the need for more than a few. And remember, just because the IP addresses are similar, does not mean at all that there are only a few servers. It is possible that there were indeed many servers at one point. Not certain, either way.

    And on to "Tazmo's (Wife Beater) Donation Stealing"... Can't argue with the later points about his lack of providing proof, but I don't see anything relating to proof of a $2000+ laptop...

    "Tazmo's (Wife Beater) Attacks Against the Anime Community"... I seem to find a recurring theme of a minor lack of any real proof of these illegal acts... It seems a bit weak too, and I resent the implication that IRC users are a 'bad' group... Although it is highly unfortunate that IRC has been given a bad name by warez groups, and is rarely used for pure chatting anymore. (I actually help run a small IRC network, where people only use it for chatting, of all things! It's actually quite a fun way of communicating.)


    Just to reiterate my original note, I definitely do not think Tazmo is innocent, by any means, but I do think that providing calm, rational, provable arguments is the best way to have people pay attention, and not just brush it off as angry rants... Like I said, the lack of proof for some of the illegal acts (porn, DDoS attacks, abuse, etc.), and some of the seemingly mindless bashing detracts from the arguments more than anything else...

    I dunno, maybe I'm one of the few people who thinks that simple bashing and lack of proof really isn't a constructive way to get an idea across, and is much more harmful than helpful...


    (Please, if you disagree with me (or even if you agree!), take the time to think, find what you need to, write, and edit any replies... I spent a good deal of time writing this post, and I'd enjoy if it turns into a good discussion, rather than degrading into some form of flame-fest.)
    Reflection of fear makes shadows of nothing, shadows of nothing.

  2. #2
    shautieh's Avatar
    shautieh is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Skipea
    Posts
    5,340

    Default

    skeptic..

  3. #3
    Schiljo is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Heaven or hell
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shautieh
    skeptic..
    yes

    plus i think there was allready a thread like this so next time use the search button please, if not my bad

  4. #4
    Vash7ehStampede is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Between the Wasteland and Sky
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schiljo
    Quote Originally Posted by shautieh
    skeptic..
    yes

    plus i think there was allready a thread like this so next time use the search button please, if not my bad
    There have been about fifty threads like this, none of which are backed up by anything.
    This thread actually has some substance.

    By the way, claims are further undermined by the fact that Tazmo (Wife Beater) is 15.
    I'm not here much, but if you have anything to say to me about Tazmo, you're either (a) fanatical, or (b) wrong. If not, we can be friends. Except you, Martyr. We can never be friends.

  5. #5
    Schiljo is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Heaven or hell
    Posts
    830

    Default

    i dont hate the guy

    but if he is buying himself stuff with donations he is bad in my book, the wifebeater stuff and childporn is none of my bussine

  6. #6
    Chaos Wind is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vash7ehStampede
    There have been about fifty threads like this, none of which are backed up by anything.
    This thread actually has some substance.
    I'll take that as a compliment. I try to put effort into things I do, and avoid anything without a point to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash7ehStampede
    By the way, claims are further undermined by the fact that Tazmo (Wife Beater) is 15.
    15, eh? Doesn't he claim to be 17, at least on Narutofan? If he is 15, that's much more interesting...

    Quote Originally Posted by Schiljo
    but if he is buying himself stuff with donations he is bad in my book, the wifebeater stuff and childporn is none of my bussine
    Remember, my point wasn't to make the guy out to be a saint... As I said, the stealing donations definitely sounds quite probable, which is enough to boycott him in my mind. Just I don't believe that the best way to deal with it is to use stories without providing any proof as the truth. If someone can provide some evidence to back up anything that I discussed in my original post, then that's great.

    Technically using these things which are completely unsubstantiated is libel ("a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation" - thank you Dictionary.app). To clarify, the discussion about his donation stealing most likely is not libel, due to the fact that it is (probably) completely true. However, the claims that he abuses girlfriends, etc. is probably considered as libel, due to the lack of any evidence... Insulting and bashing someone is, in general, a very slippery slope.
    Reflection of fear makes shadows of nothing, shadows of nothing.

  7. #7
    martyr3810's Avatar
    martyr3810 is offline Banned Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    An Unmarked Grave
    Posts
    3,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Wind
    Next case... The child porn...
    Most of us agreed it was unlikely - albeit possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Wind
    Second, I doubt anyone would be truly stupid enough to send notices claiming to provide access to child porn to public mailing lists, with one's real name and website attached. The chance of being tracked down by the <insert local government branch handling this sort of thing here - FBI, police, whatever> is far too great.
    Yeah, because we all know that they have power in canada... Cough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Wind
    Next, the section labelled "Server Fraud"... Highly probable, due to the fact that those redundant ftp servers don't exist anymore. However that also closes any possibility for any further investigation by myself or others... Also let me note that the number of IP addresses one can assign to a machine depends on the number of network interfaces it has. Any given machine usually has no more than a handful of interfaces, because of a complete lack of the need for more than a few. And remember, just because the IP addresses are similar, does not mean at all that there are only a few servers. It is possible that there were indeed many servers at one point. Not certain, either way.
    's already been discussed...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Wind
    And on to "Tazmo's (Wife Beater) Donation Stealing"... Can't argue with the later points about his lack of providing proof, but I don't see anything relating to proof of a $2000+ laptop...
    Tazmo originally mentioned it. Not us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Wind
    "Tazmo's (Wife Beater) Attacks Against the Anime Community"... I seem to find a recurring theme of a minor lack of any real proof of these illegal acts... It seems a bit weak too, and I resent the implication that IRC users are a 'bad' group... Although it is highly unfortunate that IRC has been given a bad name by warez groups, and is rarely used for pure chatting anymore. (I actually help run a small IRC network, where people only use it for chatting, of all things! It's actually quite a fun way of communicating.)
    Where/why in god's name did you find/make this assumption?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Wind
    Like I said, the lack of proof for some of the illegal acts (porn, DDoS attacks, abuse, etc.), and some of the seemingly mindless bashing detracts from the arguments more than anything else...
    REALLY? Look at the bottom of the stoptazmo page... See how many "Users" have been signed on at the same time. And then look at the date. We didn't even HAVE that many users back in January. If this doesn't clear up for you... look at how many "Users" are signed on AT ANY ONE TIME anytime you ever login to Stoptazmo. If it EVER is more than 450. I will be surprised. And thats WITH 55000 registered users *cough attack cough*...

    I love having to clear this up.... Ever so many times.

  8. #8
    Chaos Wind is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martyr3810
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Wind
    Next case... The child porn...
    Most of us agreed it was unlikely - albeit possible.
    Sorry that I didn't read through every post here... I guessed that it'd be a little quicker if I just brought it up. Also, it might be wise to put a note to that effect in the original post, by one who can edit it...

    Quote Originally Posted by martyr3810
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Wind
    Second, I doubt anyone would be truly stupid enough to send notices claiming to provide access to child porn to public mailing lists, with one's real name and website attached. The chance of being tracked down by the <insert local government branch handling this sort of thing here - FBI, police, whatever> is far too great.
    Yeah, because we all know that they have power in canada... Cough.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/childporn/
    Read through that entire thing, and you'll find that currently sending child porn over the internet holds a maximum ten year sentence. It's not illegal to offer it, but if he was found to actually have some, then that is illegal. Making it very unlikely, as you said most already believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by martyr3810
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Wind
    And on to "Tazmo's (Wife Beater) Donation Stealing"... Can't argue with the later points about his lack of providing proof, but I don't see anything relating to proof of a $2000+ laptop...
    Tazmo originally mentioned it. Not us.
    Found a mention of it, where he claims it was a birthday present. So it's just one person's word against the other.. Not provable, really.

    Quote Originally Posted by martyr3810
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Wind
    "Tazmo's (Wife Beater) Attacks Against the Anime Community"... I seem to find a recurring theme of a minor lack of any real proof of these illegal acts... It seems a bit weak too, and I resent the implication that IRC users are a 'bad' group... Although it is highly unfortunate that IRC has been given a bad name by warez groups, and is rarely used for pure chatting anymore. (I actually help run a small IRC network, where people only use it for chatting, of all things! It's actually quite a fun way of communicating.)
    Where/why in god's name did you find/make this assumption?
    Sigh, the part about how IRC has become a medium for warez, etc. instead of actual chatting was slightly offtopic and not actually related to this. Still, I do not see any evidence of people being paid off to carry out DDoS attacks.

    Quote Originally Posted by martyr3810
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Wind
    Like I said, the lack of proof for some of the illegal acts (porn, DDoS attacks, abuse, etc.), and some of the seemingly mindless bashing detracts from the arguments more than anything else...
    REALLY? Look at the bottom of the stoptazmo page... See how many "Users" have been signed on at the same time. And then look at the date. We didn't even HAVE that many users back in January. If this doesn't clear up for you... look at how many "Users" are signed on AT ANY ONE TIME anytime you ever login to Stoptazmo. If it EVER is more than 450. I will be surprised. And thats WITH 55000 registered users *cough attack cough*...
    Yes, because that's real solid proof of who caused such an attack... Although due to the... Ah, nature, of stoptazmo, it's likely... Narutofan is a rather large website, so it's also possible (perhaps someone remembers?) that stoptazmo.com was linked to from there in January, causing around 1200 Narutofan users to go there? Meh, no real way to prove it either way, indeed...

    And I still don't see any real proof at all of this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Shiel
    The owner of narutofan.com is also responsible for DDOS attack's against large companys like EV1servers and webhostingtalk.com
    Seriously, I haven't seen a single bit of proof of a DDoS attack against the websites mentioned in that post... And I really don't think someone who steals donations would go an extra step to DDoS rather large companies such as those. Seriously. I don't think he'd be that stupid... Stealing donations is a completely different thing from DDoSing large companies.


    I'm beginning to think this entire StopTazmo vs. Narutofan is like a slightly childish "he said", "she said" argument... I honestly cannot see much proof... For either side. Although I admit it seems StopTazmo has the more plausible points, when it comes to donation stealing.
    Reflection of fear makes shadows of nothing, shadows of nothing.

  9. #9
    martyr3810's Avatar
    martyr3810 is offline Banned Community Builder
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    An Unmarked Grave
    Posts
    3,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Wind
    Sigh, the part about how IRC has become a medium for warez, etc. instead of actual chatting was slightly offtopic and not actually related to this. Still, I do not see any evidence of people being paid off to carry out DDoS attacks.
    ... So... Its NOT related to the topic, was never stated on these boards... your just saying it... ... ... Not a way to reinforce your position my friend.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Wind
    Yes, because that's real solid proof of who caused such an attack... Although due to the... Ah, nature, of stoptazmo, it's likely... Narutofan is a rather large website, so it's also possible (perhaps someone remembers?) that stoptazmo.com was linked to from there in January, causing around 1200 Narutofan users to go there? Meh, no real way to prove it either way, indeed...
    Its common sense my slow friend. Who else has reason to attack StopTazmo? You can bring up whatever answer you want to this... the most likely candidate is NF - and like 99% of the shit on the net... We have NO WAY to 100% validate this. Its a stupid point to make.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Wind
    I'm beginning to think this entire StopTazmo vs. Narutofan is like a slightly childish "he said", "she said" argument... I honestly cannot see much proof... For either side. Although I admit it seems StopTazmo has the more plausible points, when it comes to donation stealing.
    A lot of people agree with you and unlike most of them I didn't just tell you to shut the hell up and enjoy the free manga because you make good/valid points... and you actually did a little research. If thats how you feel then :Shrug: why bother to bring it up? We're not going to change your mind. If we had more information/evidence we obviously would have posted it.

  10. #10
    Vash7ehStampede is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Between the Wasteland and Sky
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Wind
    As I said, the stealing donations definitely sounds quite probable
    He steals donations. Common knowledge.
    Now the question that follows that is whether it's really stealing. People are signing up to donate to Tazmo; therefore, isn't it his money?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Wind
    However, the claims that he abuses girlfriends, etc. is probably considered as libel, due to the lack of any evidence... Insulting and bashing someone is, in general, a very slippery slope.
    Slander. Libel is spoken. Slander is written.
    Abuse claims and child porn allegations are most definitely slander, and he could sue, and most likely win, if he really wanted to.
    I'm not here much, but if you have anything to say to me about Tazmo, you're either (a) fanatical, or (b) wrong. If not, we can be friends. Except you, Martyr. We can never be friends.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79