Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
  1. #1
    runeliger is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4

    Default Tazmo Strikes again

    I felt like this was such a scam, that I should register here.

    Visa wants to steal my socks, and we need your help
    Reported by: Tazmo on Monday, September 5th, 2005 at 12:58AM
    This is a late post (1:30 AM as I write it) because frankly I have been putting off doing this, and thinking of coming up with alternate methods to make this work. Unfortunately short of putting more pop-up advertising on the website (and not just on the index for users who aren't logged in) and generally more ads everywhere which would go against everything we had originally aimed this website to be in the beginning, there really is no way that it can work. So it is now with deep regret, but with much optimism, that I do one of these posts announcing that donations are once again necessary in order to keep up with the bills that are steadily rising and now in to the multiple thousands each month.

    Earlier in the week we were given 48 hours notice from our data center to purchase more servers to spread the bandwidth usage (cut it in half on a per server basis, actually) or risk cancellation and pretty much the end of things as we know it here. As of then NarutoFan.com mantained 15 web-servers that were in use one way or another through-out the site, and we have been forced to purchase 10 additional servers, which we have done and will be online within the next couple of days as we complete the setup. This huge payment was not expected and we have had to put these servers on credit that really needs to be paid off, all $1290 USD of it hopefully. In the past we have looked towards our members for help and you have always come through and I really hope we will see the same results this time around.

    We do understand that this is a bad time to ask for donations considering the current world events and charities that could use the extra money to help those effected by Hurricane, but we hope that there is a place in your pocket book for the "Keep Visa off of Tazmo's doorstep, and help keep NarutoFan.com up, whilest having a great chance at winning an Xbox 360 Premium Edition Package + extras (pre-order to be delivered upon release this Fall) charity". I thank you for taking the time to read this "blegging" of a post as they call it in the blog world, I have the greatest confidence that our members will come through, because afterall, you have shown to be the best members you'll find on any website all the time.

    Read about this, and donate what you can on this page.
    Thats from Narutofan.com. Tazmo is such a bastard. Hes asking for money for non existant dataservers in a time when Hurricane Katrina and people are dying, hes trying to make himself a few thousand bucks richer...

  2. #2
    Cold-NiTe's Avatar
    Cold-NiTe is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Tx, US
    Posts
    3,872

    Default

    Wait, wtf, 2 days or they cut the account? Can they even do that. Did this man read his contract at all?
    Dear cousin choppitychop89, you were a good relative, though I hardly knew ye.

  3. #3
    Vash7ehStampede is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Between the Wasteland and Sky
    Posts
    577

    Default Re: Tazmo Strikes again

    Quote Originally Posted by runeliger
    Thats from Narutofan.com. Tazmo is such a bastard. Hes asking for money for non existant dataservers in a time when Hurricane Katrina and people are dying, hes trying to make himself a few thousand bucks richer...
    1. The forums now use four servers instead of one. He used to have one incredibly overloaded server on the job. The forums slowed to a crawl daily around 3:40ET when the middle schoolers all went online and weekly when people refreshmonkeyed the manga forum looking for the new release scanslated. Doing an IP search or trying to do any sort of thread or post mass-move or mass-delete crashed the forums. With four servers, we finally don't have any problems.
    (the other three were added one at a time, and each time we saw speeds increase)
    2. I can't believe you'd be outraged by a few hundred to a few thousand deaths when thousands leave us per hour of starvation in the third world. You're being mindfucked by the media.
    3. Everyone else is still working to earn money, so even if those servers don't exist (they do), why should Tazmo stop his normal moneymaking activities because of Katrina?
    I'm not here much, but if you have anything to say to me about Tazmo, you're either (a) fanatical, or (b) wrong. If not, we can be friends. Except you, Martyr. We can never be friends.

  4. #4
    Balenthos is offline Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Zul'Jin
    Posts
    36

    Default

    that's true about the media :/

  5. #5
    IdiotHunter's Avatar
    IdiotHunter is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    559

    Default

    Isn't it awesome to have an admin from Narutofan forums to be here? XD Anyways, even if he did donate to Katrina victims, there's probably only a 25% that the donation will actually get there. There's so many donation scams nowadays... -_- Wait a minute...lol I wasn't even thinking about Tazmo when I wrote "there's so many donation scams" xD

    -Thanks to ApocalypticArk for the new siggy~!



    ^...I'm Silverwmoon's puppy! ^-^ =3

  6. #6
    Brian Shiel is offline Administrator Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: Tazmo Strikes again

    Quote Originally Posted by Vash7ehStampede
    1. The forums now use four servers instead of one. He used to have one incredibly overloaded server on the job. The forums slowed to a crawl daily around 3:40ET when the middle schoolers all went online and weekly when people refreshmonkeyed the manga forum looking for the new release scanslated. Doing an IP search or trying to do any sort of thread or post mass-move or mass-delete crashed the forums. With four servers, we finally don't have any problems.
    (the other three were added one at a time, and each time we saw speeds increase)
    I'm really not sure what this has to do with the thread, his site/forum servers are given to him for ads, he pays nothing from his donations or earnings, so 2 servers or 4, he pays nothing extra, I also believe they were talking about media servers, not servers for running the site/forum.
    Your Name May Be Listed as Hosting an Internet Terror Site Without You Ever Knowing It

  7. #7
    Vash7ehStampede is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Between the Wasteland and Sky
    Posts
    577

    Default Re: Tazmo Strikes again

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Shiel
    I'm really not sure what this has to do with the thread, his site/forum servers are given to him for ads, he pays nothing from his donations or earnings, so 2 servers or 4, he pays nothing extra, I also believe they were talking about media servers, not servers for running the site/forum.
    Where's your proof of this, and if he gets all his servers free in exchange for ads, why doesn't he have two dozen servers?
    I'm not here much, but if you have anything to say to me about Tazmo, you're either (a) fanatical, or (b) wrong. If not, we can be friends. Except you, Martyr. We can never be friends.

  8. #8
    Brian Shiel is offline Administrator Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: Tazmo Strikes again

    Quote Originally Posted by Vash7ehStampede
    Where's your proof of this, and if he gets all his servers free in exchange for ads, why doesn't he have two dozen servers?
    He told everyone this on his own website in the past, you should consider asking him instead of asking me for proof.

    As for the "two dozen servers", he simply doesn't need that many to run his website, the site & forum could be easily run off of a Dual Xeon (2 processors), if properly managed.
    Your Name May Be Listed as Hosting an Internet Terror Site Without You Ever Knowing It

  9. #9
    Sensimilija is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    HBG 042
    Posts
    1,322

    Default Re: Tazmo Strikes again

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Shiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash7ehStampede
    Where's your proof of this, and if he gets all his servers free in exchange for ads, why doesn't he have two dozen servers?
    He told everyone this on his own website in the past, you should consider asking him instead of asking me for proof.

    As for the "two dozen servers", he simply doesn't need that many to run his website, the site & forum could be easily run off of a Dual Xeon (2 processors), if properly managed.


    Well everyone knows that it would work but we also know that tazmo is gay and there is no use arguing to his brainwashed admins...
    "Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real" - Tupac Shakur (1971-1996)

  10. #10
    Cold-NiTe's Avatar
    Cold-NiTe is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Tx, US
    Posts
    3,872

    Default

    Vash is a little too sensible for that argument.
    Dear cousin choppitychop89, you were a good relative, though I hardly knew ye.

 

 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79