Re: need more credibility
Originally Posted by dreeya
(1) Tazmo makes zero money off the Naruto manga.
(2) NarutoMania offers/offered a paid service for faster Naruto anime downloads.
(3) Unless he is bringing in hundreds of dollars a month from PLUS (which he is not), he is not actually making money from it. If you apply PLUS proceeds before ad money, he's only making money off the ads, not the downloads.
(4) Everyone blatantly disregards the copyright laws. The scanslators, subbers, and distributors (all of which are numerous) are ALL violating copyright law. The thing is, they're not just hurting these companies. They bring in merchandise and DVD sales in Japan and create a fanbase when it is dubbed into English, increasing ratings, making commercial time more valuable, and buying merchandise, DVDs, and graphic novels. Anime and manga artists and companies earn large amounts of money as an indirect effect of subbing and scanslating, and that is why they don't sue for copyright infringement.
(5) Both sides tend to be irrational. This is a side effect of being a website in a market that appeals to 12-15 year old boys. You can't prevent that.
(6) It's hard to take the high road when your leader has hacked Tazmo's forums and is using a smear campaign (he didn't create those stickies as jokes).
Note that though I can't fully prove any of this, thanks to the death of NarutoTalk (it has since returned), Kane has quite a history of DDOS attacking Photobucket accounts. My Photobucket mysteriously hit over ten times its allotted bandwidth several hours after a confrontation with Kane at NarutoTalk, and I received about a half-dozen other complaints of this from other members (I was a mod). Unfortunately, since NarutoTalk died, those PMs are all gone.
This establishes a history of Kane (1) having the ability to attack sites, and (2) using that ability whenever angered.
I'm not here much, but if you have anything to say to me about Tazmo, you're either (a) fanatical, or (b) wrong. If not, we can be friends. Except you, Martyr. We can never be friends.