Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 45 of 45

Thread: big lie

  1. #41
    Hajime is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doshkibidae
    clicking on one of the "mirrors" simply directs you to the servcer that you can download fastest from. so it basically directs you to one of the 12 servers (not sure the exact number) that has the fewest people downloading from it at the time, so you get the fastest download possible
    Nope. Not true.

    I thought that might have been the case at first, but testing revealed otherwise.

    He's got at -most- 2 servers.

  2. #42
    Vash7ehStampede is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Between the Wasteland and Sky
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hajime
    Nope. Not true.

    I thought that might have been the case at first, but testing revealed otherwise.

    He's got at -most- 2 servers.
    How do you test that?
    I'm not here much, but if you have anything to say to me about Tazmo, you're either (a) fanatical, or (b) wrong. If not, we can be friends. Except you, Martyr. We can never be friends.

  3. #43
    A Lamer is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vash7ehStampede
    Quote Originally Posted by Hajime
    Nope. Not true.

    I thought that might have been the case at first, but testing revealed otherwise.

    He's got at -most- 2 servers.
    How do you test that?
    easiest way is to examine the IP it attempts to download from via the internet explorer download prompt. though good webhosts provide multiple IPs for dedicated servers.

  4. #44
    Hajime is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Lamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash7ehStampede
    Quote Originally Posted by Hajime
    Nope. Not true.

    I thought that might have been the case at first, but testing revealed otherwise.

    He's got at -most- 2 servers.
    How do you test that?
    easiest way is to examine the IP it attempts to download from via the internet explorer download prompt. though good webhosts provide multiple IPs for dedicated servers.
    Uh, no.

    It's possible to do it with everything from a simple mac address comparison to a few other tricks involving questionably legal programs.

    Effectively, what you are looking for is a consistent pattern across multiple IPs. Doesn't matter what you use, so long as you are able to use a method that only a single machine would exhibit across what you test.

    In the example of mac addresses, you can't have two machines with the same mac on a particular subnet.

  5. #45
    dada is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17

    Default

    he's got a server at fdcservers which he shares with directmange and naruto-kun .. either he ghost writes for all the sites and uses different nicks... borrows names for the domains ..

 

 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79