Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: big lie

  1. #21
    Vash7ehStampede is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Between the Wasteland and Sky
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hajime
    Not happening for his claimed server costs. And if he does claim that, then there's always DRDoS attacks which he -can't- stop. -shrug-
    Your hacking knowledge > my hacking knowledge
    My sarcasm > your sarcasm
    I'm not here much, but if you have anything to say to me about Tazmo, you're either (a) fanatical, or (b) wrong. If not, we can be friends. Except you, Martyr. We can never be friends.

  2. #22
    Kevin Shiel's Avatar
    Kevin Shiel is offline Administrator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vash7ehStampede
    Quote Originally Posted by Hajime
    Of course, I'm not advocating any sort of DDoS attack against narutofan.com or anything of the sort.
    According to Tazmo, most of his expenses come from "DDoS protection" for his servers
    I would be interested in knowing which IP(s) are protected, because the host that is hosting his main site and his media servers have little to none if you call them up.

    I wonder how much he is sucking out of donators because of all this "DDoS protection" he has

  3. #23
    Vash7ehStampede is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Between the Wasteland and Sky
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Because I'm so nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shunsui
    does tazmo keep donations? yes.
    would i? yes.

    does he force you to pay? god no.
    Very true. So there you have it. As most suspected, Tazmo keeps some of the donations. But NN/Shunsui is exactly right... 9 of 10 of us would do the same if we had the opportunity (don't try acting like a saint, most of you are here because you aren't).
    So go ahead, enjoy. Have fun, don't quote me on it.
    I'm not here much, but if you have anything to say to me about Tazmo, you're either (a) fanatical, or (b) wrong. If not, we can be friends. Except you, Martyr. We can never be friends.

  4. #24
    Hajime is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vash7ehStampede
    Because I'm so nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shunsui
    does tazmo keep donations? yes.
    would i? yes.

    does he force you to pay? god no.
    Very true. So there you have it. As most suspected, Tazmo keeps some of the donations. But NN/Shunsui is exactly right... 9 of 10 of us would do the same if we had the opportunity (don't try acting like a saint, most of you are here because you aren't).
    So go ahead, enjoy. Have fun, don't quote me on it.
    I have been in the same position. Exchange website for online game, however, and it could have made me significantly more cash then Tazmo's little scheme.

    I didn't take the excess donations. I accounted for every expense, gave people the current balance, and made sure to give a line-item report of expenditures that was posted publicly for all to see, leaving anything in excess to roll over to the next month.

    'Nuff said. You are using a logical fallacy in that post - just because -some- people are like that (Yourself, Tazmo, Shunsui) does not mean -ALL- people are like that.

  5. #25
    Vash7ehStampede is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Between the Wasteland and Sky
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hajime
    I have been in the same position. Exchange website for online game, however, and it could have made me significantly more cash then Tazmo's little scheme.

    I didn't take the excess donations. I accounted for every expense, gave people the current balance, and made sure to give a line-item report of expenditures that was posted publicly for all to see, leaving anything in excess to roll over to the next month.

    'Nuff said. You are using a logical fallacy in that post - just because -some- people are like that (Yourself, Tazmo) does not mean -ALL- people are like that.
    I'm not using logic, I'm using experience. I've seen what most people do when they think nobody's watching... and most of them do whatever they feel gives them the most benefit.
    I like to watch people. So I know people rather well. You appear to be the exception rather than the rule.
    I'm not here much, but if you have anything to say to me about Tazmo, you're either (a) fanatical, or (b) wrong. If not, we can be friends. Except you, Martyr. We can never be friends.

  6. #26
    Hajime is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vash7ehStampede
    Quote Originally Posted by Hajime
    I have been in the same position. Exchange website for online game, however, and it could have made me significantly more cash then Tazmo's little scheme.

    I didn't take the excess donations. I accounted for every expense, gave people the current balance, and made sure to give a line-item report of expenditures that was posted publicly for all to see, leaving anything in excess to roll over to the next month.

    'Nuff said. You are using a logical fallacy in that post - just because -some- people are like that (Yourself, Tazmo) does not mean -ALL- people are like that.
    I'm not using logic, I'm using experience. I've seen what most people do when they think nobody's watching... and most of them do whatever they feel gives them the most benefit.
    I like to watch people. So I know people rather well. You appear to be the exception rather than the rule.
    http://www.datanation.com/fallacies/unrep.htm

    Unrepresentative sample fallacy.

    I've met equally as many - if not more - people that wouldn't do this. Some people will, some people won't - but it's nowhere near as many as 9/10ths, at least for people that I know.

    Also, if you do want to claim statistics such as that, please cite it with study or report.

    Or else, there's always, "99 out of 100 people who used mixed numbers and letters in their nickname are total and complete morons who are inbred rednecks".

    Try "The majority of people that I know would do this." Not, "Almost every person would do this.", or using obviously made-up statistics. My issue with what you said was a generalization that almost -all- people do this, rather then almost all the people that you know or have met do this.

  7. #27
    Vash7ehStampede is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Between the Wasteland and Sky
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hajime
    http://www.datanation.com/fallacies/unrep.htm

    Unrepresentative sample fallacy.

    I've met equally as many - if not more - people that wouldn't do this. Some people will, some people won't - but it's nowhere near as many as 9/10ths.

    Also, if you do want to claim statistics such as that, please cite it with study or report.

    Or else, there's always, "99 out of 100 people who used mixed numbers and letters in their nickname are total and complete morons who are inbred rednecks".

    Try "The majority of people that I know would do this." Not, "Almost every person would do this.", or using obviously made-up statistics. My issue with what you said was a generalization that almost -all- people do this, rather then all the people that you know or have met do this.
    I've seen that list of mathematical fallacies before, I know it's not hard data, but can you take it as what it was meant to be rather than what it is literally?
    I'm not here much, but if you have anything to say to me about Tazmo, you're either (a) fanatical, or (b) wrong. If not, we can be friends. Except you, Martyr. We can never be friends.

  8. #28
    Hajime is offline Junior Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vash7ehStampede
    Quote Originally Posted by Hajime
    http://www.datanation.com/fallacies/unrep.htm

    Unrepresentative sample fallacy.

    I've met equally as many - if not more - people that wouldn't do this. Some people will, some people won't - but it's nowhere near as many as 9/10ths.

    Also, if you do want to claim statistics such as that, please cite it with study or report.

    Or else, there's always, "99 out of 100 people who used mixed numbers and letters in their nickname are total and complete morons who are inbred rednecks".

    Try "The majority of people that I know would do this." Not, "Almost every person would do this.", or using obviously made-up statistics. My issue with what you said was a generalization that almost -all- people do this, rather then all the people that you know or have met do this.
    I've seen that list of mathematical fallacies before, I know it's not hard data, but can you take it as what it was meant to be rather than what it is literally?
    It's not solely a mathematical fallacy. It's a fallacy in your argument - never debated before, I'll presume? Might I recommend that you go back and read what you said - if you meant that 9/10ths of the people you know would do what Tazmo does, that has a drastically different meaning then saying 9/10ths of everyone would do it.

    For that matter, did you know a study done by a group proved that in this situation, 6/10ths of people would be trustworthy in this situation?

  9. #29
    1cor1313's Avatar
    1cor1313 is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Under Kaze's feet
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    Well, most people will do what is beneficial for themselves if no one is looking. True. Some people wont go as low as dirt though. Plus some people are paranoid. Also, there's also the possibility of people thinking God is watching them always. Or Santa. Whatever works. Fact is there's a lot of scam sites out there but there are also tons of non scam sites. Weigh it.

    Just what is your stand here Vash? You just post to provoke arguments. I know you aren't Tazmo's biggest fan. You steadily changed your position to somewhat anti-Tazmo but you obviously aren't pro-Kane. You said in a previous post you were neutral but it's obvious you don't think highly of either of them...

  10. #30
    Vash7ehStampede is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Between the Wasteland and Sky
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hajime
    It's not solely a mathematical fallacy. It's a fallacy in your argument - never debated before, I'll presume? Might I recommend that you go back and read what you said - if you meant that 9/10ths of the people you know would do what Tazmo does, that has a drastically different meaning then saying 9/10ths of everyone would do it.

    For that matter, did you know a study done by a group proved that in this situation, 6/10ths of people would be trustworthy in this situation?
    Please link me, assuming you are not being sarcastic.
    I have experience in formal debate; however, I'm rather burned out... I've been getting about 3 hours of sleep a night lately (school is killing me slowly) and I'm really out of it. Of course, that's hardly an excuse, but whatever.
    I'm not here much, but if you have anything to say to me about Tazmo, you're either (a) fanatical, or (b) wrong. If not, we can be friends. Except you, Martyr. We can never be friends.

 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79