Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61
  1. #41
    Katana Soul is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    341

    Default

    But it was said before after the fight, if Ringo had used it offensively she could have most likely beat him badly, but instead she was protecting him.
    You're basing that on a pretty ambiguous statement. I don't have the exact chapter, but if I'm thinking of the same thing you are, it was only something to the effect of the old man principal saying "If she had used the power offensively instead of defensively, who knows what would've happened?" That's hardly conclusive proof of Ringo being stronger than Ikki, especially since Ikki spent half of the fight getting beaten on without an activated regalia.


  2. #42
    xaturas is offline Senior Member Always Around
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    Ringo could own ikki many times, near train she could just kick him into train not the ground. While she was jumping down she could hit his face not some trash and some more.
    But if the same fight would take place while ikki would have FULLY WORKING BAGRAM and both of them would fight with intent to kill, then ringo would have had more holes than a cheese. I could even say that she would evaporate and the only thing left showing her previous existance, would be her clothes, AT parts, and scraps of her body.

  3. #43
    Katana Soul is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Ringo could own ikki many times, near train she could just kick him into train not the ground. While she was jumping down she could hit his face not some trash and some more.
    That shouldn't really count for much. It's a shonen manga, so you should pretty much just expect for fights to have numerous chances for "kills" that aren't taken. The examples you used are when Ikki didn't have the regalia activated anyway, so they don't really base the comparison off his highest shown strength.


  4. #44
    deuce22 is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana Soul View Post
    You're basing that on a pretty ambiguous statement. I don't have the exact chapter, but if I'm thinking of the same thing you are, it was only something to the effect of the old man principal saying "If she had used the power offensively instead of defensively, who knows what would've happened?" That's hardly conclusive proof of Ringo being stronger than Ikki, especially since Ikki spent half of the fight getting beaten on without an activated regalia.
    No way...u gotta remember that ringo knows everything about her regalia. She knows what she can and can't do. As for ikki, he doesn't. Sure for half the fight he didnt have his regalia, but still if ringo had the intent to beat him instead of just sending a message to him.....she would of beaten him.


  5. #45
    vphamv is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    @katana- I think you may be trying to just bring up discussion but I'll bite.

    So anyway, I'd say she could have easily beaten Ikki that match because:
    1. Ringo was not being serious when she first started the match (and when I say serious I mean she did not try to pummel him to the ground)
    2. When she knocked Ikki onto the floor the first time, she could have crushed him while he was trying to recover.
    3. He didn't have Hako's regalia until almost the end of the battle, so in the time between the beginning and the time he got the regalia he would not have made it out alive if Ringo simply wanted to win rather than prove her point in making Ikki realize what he was doing.
    4. Even when he got the regalia, as he started off on the winds road Ringo crushed it with out much effort.
    5. Ikki had to become engulfed in rage to activate the regalia to even pull it off, or at least thats the way it seems. So I just don't see it as him being able to defeat Ringo as easily as you'd think.

    Now I have no clue how you'd say he would have defeated Ringo, but if you really think so please discuss. Btw I hope you aren't taking this as any other way then a friendly debate, I know some people get touchy feely when debating. >_>
    Street Fighter > All


    http://vphamv.deviantart.com/

  6. #46
    metrobluejay is offline Senior Member Long Time Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    at the zoo
    Posts
    936

    Default

    5. Ikki had to become engulfed in rage to activate the regalia to even pull it off, or at least thats the way it seems. So I just don't see it as him being able to defeat Ringo as easily as you'd think.
    I think the power corrupted him more than anything else. Throughout the whole fight he was fighting without anything special, then at the end he gets that special something and wants to use that power to crush Ringo. Something she had been doing to him throughout their race up to that point (the hurting part).
    Bullet Tooth Tony: You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

    Reporter on Titan Maximum: Sasha is there any connection between your poor album sales and the fact that it sucked?

  7. #47
    Katana Soul is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Alright, here's what I think. I'm not saying Ikki would flat-out beat Ringo uncontested, I'm saying that it's not so clear cut that Ringo's stronger.

    1. I've already made this point, but I'll restate it. This is probably the least important reason, but it's just the nature of anime/manga for the hero to get beat up and the opponent to pass up numerous chances to defeat them until a massive powerup. Look at almost any show for examples of this. Freiza could've blown Goku away easily before he went Super Saiyan, for example, but that would've pretty much ended the show and made the fight lame.

    2. When you say someone is stronger than someone else, you don't compare one at their best and one at a lower level, do you? Ikki fought evenly with Ringo in his strongest form, and that's what should be considered when comparing their strengths. You can even go farther than that and say that while Ringo had taken little damage and was close to her best condition, Ikki had taken plenty of damage in the prior rounds of the fight and was still capable of going toe to toe with her.

    3. After he "fully" activated his Regalia, Ikki pretty much won the battle. Ringo had used up all her strength, and the only reason for the tie was that Ikki actually had the strength left to not only get to the finish line, but carry Ringo there as well (call it payback since she could've easily won earlier). You can counter this by saying that Ringo hadn't been using all her power for offense, but the only evidence that we have indicating that would've changed the result is an extremely vague statement.


  8. #48
    amxed is offline Senior Member Respected Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana Soul View Post
    3. After he "fully" activated his Regalia, Ikki pretty much won the battle. Ringo had used up all her strength, and the only reason for the tie was that Ikki actually had the strength left to not only get to the finish line, but carry Ringo there as well (call it payback since she could've easily won earlier). You can counter this by saying that Ringo hadn't been using all her power for offense, but the only evidence that we have indicating that would've changed the result is an extremely vague statement.
    Don't you remember what the old man said? Ringo could've avoided the "death god" move but took it head on to save ikki or something. If she hadn't done that, ikki would have been out of control and died or something. She took the blow, and that's what made her dead tired and bleed.

  9. #49
    Katana Soul is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    341

    Default

    This is the quote you're basing that on (Chapter 141):

    Old man: "This is definitely the work of the thorns...She didn't even try to protect herself...she was protecting that boy from the death god! Perhaps if...she had directed her power into offense...Oh well."

    This quote can definitely be interpreted in more than one way. The old man is clearly well versed in A-T, and even he doesn't go further than "perhaps" in describing how the results might've changed. That's hardly proof that she was holding back mass amounts of power. For all we know if she had used her power for attack it would've simply ended in them both being killed or something.


  10. #50
    vphamv is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana Soul View Post
    Alright, here's what I think. I'm not saying Ikki would flat-out beat Ringo uncontested, I'm saying that it's not so clear cut that Ringo's stronger.
    Maybe you misunderstood a little or I didn't word things clearly enough, I'm not saying that Ikki would flat out beat her either or is even stronger than Ringo, what I was trying to say is that in that fight alone if Ringo actually tried from the beginning Ikki would not have won.

    I'm not going to say anything about the first one because it's just generalizing and like you said it really isn't much support in this debate. >_>

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana Soul View Post
    2. When you say someone is stronger than someone else, you don't compare one at their best and one at a lower level, do you? Ikki fought evenly with Ringo in his strongest form, and that's what should be considered when comparing their strengths. You can even go farther than that and say that while Ringo had taken little damage and was close to her best condition, Ikki had taken plenty of damage in the prior rounds of the fight and was still capable of going toe to toe with her.
    I definitely do not compare them at their worst and best like you're saying, what I was trying to point out was the flaws and reasons why it could have been game over for Ikki in the begining. He took a lot of damage, but it wasn't even directed to win, but more like stop him. And going toe to toe doesn't really matter if they give you a handicap(referring to breaking his weights and letting him go instead of beating him when she had the chance the first time).

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana Soul View Post
    3. After he "fully" activated his Regalia, Ikki pretty much won the battle. Ringo had used up all her strength, and the only reason for the tie was that Ikki actually had the strength left to not only get to the finish line, but carry Ringo there as well (call it payback since she could've easily won earlier). You can counter this by saying that Ringo hadn't been using all her power for offense, but the only evidence that we have indicating that would've changed the result is an extremely vague statement.
    If she did not have anymore strength then how did she reactivate her regalia and pull off that final move? And she did not loose all her energy, she told him she was going to allow him to give the final blow. At first when she said something about letting Ikki end the fight without much resistance from her, but then she reactivated her regalia for that final move to protect whom ever it actually was intended for(which I actually think it was the guy behind her now, and not Ikki. makes a lot of sense once I started typing this). I don't see that asl using up all her energy, the only thing I would say is that she was taking a lot of damage because of her road.
    Street Fighter > All


    http://vphamv.deviantart.com/

 

 
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79