Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 113
  1. #21
    Kimo is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    49

    Default

    lol i want hawtness....i think someone is gon step into the middle of the battle...or that Ikki is gona figure out what that thing Sora was teaching him is for. Either or it wont end like that.
    -KIMO

  2. #22
    98abaile's Avatar
    98abaile is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    An Englishman in a shithole somewhere in Wales.
    Posts
    7,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SePetus View Post
    Hey someone tell me how i use spoiler tags if there is such a thing, other wise i cant tell how the match is going to end cause i dont want to get yelled by admins or other people.... and AG is the BEST.....
    Read the sticky about spoilers in this section.
    I explain it again any way.
    [SPOILER] <-- first spoiler tag, please use capitals, please start the spoiler on the line below.
    Spoiler goes here <-- this text must be white, if people want to read it they have to highlight it, this prevents bad accidents.
    [/SPOILER] <-- Closing tag goes here on a new line, don't forget to change the colour back to black and please use capitals.

    It should look like this (highlight to reveal):
    [SPOILER]
    Spoiler goes here.
    [/SPOILER]

  3. #23
    Karsphen is offline Senior Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Gyahahahaha &#232;____&#233;

    I didn't have much time when i made the first post... now tremble in fear for how long this post is going to be...


    (just kidding lads...)

    anyway... hurray for 100th.....

    now... down to biz...

    Quote Originally Posted by vphamv View Post
    ehh? why do you guys think that ikki not do anything when the weights broke, does him going on the wing's road not good enough?
    Well that's not exactly the point...
    Indeed riding the wing road is a pretty good thing he can do that other riders like him can't even afford to dream of, but the small detail here is that it's nothing new...
    I mean, we already saw him ride several times the wing road (sometime alone and sometimes with the help of Agito) so seeing him ride the wing road this time isn't all this surprise nor is it spectacular (it's not like this time he managed to ride his road better than the previous ones)


    Quote Originally Posted by vphamv View Post
    she could have just been holding back the whole time
    Hmm that might be the case, but then... why is she so breathless when she manage to catch up with him?
    If she didn't give it her all then i guess she wouldn't have sweated over such a triffle matter as following a rider who doesn't even know how to rider well the AT.

    Furthermore i personaly doubt that taking off a piece of her trouser does help her to speed up more than before... because if it were like that then she would have taken off both of her pieces staying in some kind of shorts.


    Quote Originally Posted by vphamv View Post
    lol, of course he does, havent you read Tenjou Tenge?
    Yes i even have it in paper version... i must say that the more it goes on the more the manga looses all its "charme"...
    Compared to AG , TenTen is much more bloody, and the whole plot is about fucked up families... (or else there would be no plot at all)
    But i'm drifting a bit OT right now, so getting back to AG...


    Quote Originally Posted by vphamv View Post
    what are you talking about? we dont know how great baghram is so far since there hasnt been a whole lot of info on it, and that fact that ringo is better right now just means that he's been out classed by someone who has been practicing a lot more than he has.
    Well it is true that we don't know what are the potentials of the baghram wheels but you dont realy need to know what is its potential if the rider doesn't even know the basics...
    It would be like a kid that can't even shoot a bb-gun asking for a vulcan cannon... You realy think he could handle it?
    The fact that ringo is better right now isn't too much about how much you practice... it's about how you practice...

    I just want to remember you then chapter where the whole team is brough in the junkyard to look at the scars that Ikki left with his ATs while he was training there.
    Even if himself he acknowledge that ringo has done more training in reality the time spent over for it is the same... it's not like ringo's day lasts more than ikki's... it's 24h for both of them...

    but if during your training you practice the basics or you just fool around trying to make up new tricks like ikki then the results are obviously different... and aside from that, ringo trains herself also without ATs on her foot, just to get the correct position for her foots... it's all about basics...

    In this case i could compare Ikki to Hanamichi Sakuragi the main character of the manga Slam Dunk... (Hanamichi is quite good in what he does... but the total lack of basics always tend to screw up the talent he has...)



    Quote Originally Posted by Katana_Soul
    Well, I actually have a theory on why Ikki was losing the race for a bit. I mean, with the weights off, the balance and motions that he's been used to this entire time are completely out of whack. ATs rely to a degree on precision and technique, so if Ikki pushed down hard in anticipation of his weight with the jacket on, it'd be too hard and he'd create a lot of friction like he said.
    Well... it is indeed a correct reasoning... but as i pointed out earlier, he totaly lacks of basics. The fact of having the weights taken off from him does slow him down for a while but the difference of having them or not having them shouldn't be more than a couple of Kg probably 5Kg at max...

    I'm saying this because juding by the size of the belt pouches and by it's content (sand...) i personaly don't think it would weight more than 5Kg.
    With a weight that light you catch up pretty fast with your balance... I personaly tried something like that a couple of years ago (the difference is that the weights were tied on my arm (i can't find the word for the body part were handcuffs are fixed when you get arrested)) and after taking them off i could feel super light but i got used to it after just a couple of minutes...

    It's not like ikki needs days to adapt to the new situation...
    The degree of precision and technique is what ikki totaly lacks...

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana_Soul
    He does get used to it after a while though, and that's when he catches up to Ringo (It looked kinda like he used that technique that Sora taught him to blast himself forward).
    Sorry... but that is sadly incorrect... i say sadly because it's not like he managed to adapt to his new weight nor is it like he learned how to use ATs in such a refined way...
    The whole deal is just like the Rez Boa Dogs episode when Ikki uses the wind from the train that is comming from behind in the tunnel to speed up (besides even ringo clearly said it was just like that time).
    The only big difference is that this time he wasn't riding the pantograph and didn't burn his ATs...


    Personaly as i see it OG overdid it... i seriously ask myself how is he going to solve this without making ikki loose his emblem nor Ringo her's...
    The other tiny little detail is that ringo busted ikki while he was in mid air after he managed to surpass the train...
    Now that his "flight" is stopped... the only thing i can see happening now is ikki splatting on the trains windshield like a mosquito...

    unless our dear crazy apple redeems herself before that...

    As for the chapter 133 part where Kanon speaks of the pair of lives that were divided i started building a strange idea in my mind...

    Now... this is just a conjecture and i don't have any idea if it is correct...

    Let's say that the 2 lives that were divided, were Kilik and Simca (they are supposed to be twin brothers...).
    And for instance let's immagine that their father created Air-Treks.

    One (Kilik) hates his father the most and after getting on top of the invention his father made he crushes everyone else that wants to taste the freedom and happyness he never tasted... the other one (simca) maybe did live with her father or at least recieved more love and actualy has an opposite way of thinking than her brother...
    Maybe she manages to convince sora to stand against her brother and in the end her brother crushes her hopes of freedom...

    I know it's one messed up idea without much foundation in it... but still i can't stop thinking that Kilik and Simca are the 2 divided people from the legend and that their father is the inventor of ATs


    one last thing before i stop this post...

    The more i read the more i hate ringo and i'd just love to quote all the arguments i brought up in the Chap 132 thread... but i'm way to lazy to do that... and i guess that would realy tempt you to crucify me for making humongous posts...
    All that we see or seems, is but a dream within within a dream.

  4. #24
    SePetus is offline Member Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Okay here what i think i think that the reason why Ringo put up this fight is because if she won and i think that she could win but i dont know or something like that then that means if Ringo wins Ikki will have to quit Genesis and Kogarasumaru and then he and Ringo can be together cause then they wouldnt bee enemys enymore at least thats what i think. and if Ikki would win this fight Ringo would have to quit SF or something and then she could bee with Ikki... but then again i dont like Ringo like this its like she isnt THE Ringo enymore and dosent like Ikki but i know she does because she will give

    [SPOILER]
    Ikki a Kiss when the fight is over when theyre back at their house at least thats what i was told i havent read the raws yet they also told me that Ikki wins this match by just standing and taking all Ringos attacks cause its very weak attack that Ringo uses and Ringo like uses all her energy and only Ikki stays standing and fight ends there and once again thats what i been told..
    [/SPOILER]

    i wrote this because there are people who wants spoilers and i am one of them thats why i know all this....
    dont complain how i write cause i dont understand either

  5. #25
    Katana Soul is offline Senior Member Well Known
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    341

    Default

    I'm saying this because juding by the size of the belt pouches and by it's content (sand...) i personaly don't think it would weight more than 5Kg.
    With a weight that light you catch up pretty fast with your balance... I personaly tried something like that a couple of years ago (the difference is that the weights were tied on my arm (i can't find the word for the body part were handcuffs are fixed when you get arrested)) and after taking them off i could feel super light but i got used to it after just a couple of minutes...
    Ikki's situation is a little different and a lot more extreme than what you did though. First of all, I think that the filling in the pockets is metal blocks (Ikki couldn't even stand up when he first put them on, right, and the pockets are too rectangular looking to hold something formless like sand), and more importantly, he had that weight on him constantly for an extended period of time. Not just a few days, not just a few weeks, but months. By that time, it would've been so natural for him to have the weights as a part of him it wouldn't be a matter of seconds to adjust. If running sloppily was Ikki's style, he wouldn't even notice the fact that his friction was so bad. When he says "What's wrong with me?" it sounds more like he's confused as to why he's performing so poorly.

    The more i read the more i hate ringo and i'd just love to quote all the arguments i brought up in the Chap 132 thread... but i'm way to lazy to do that... and i guess that would realy tempt you to crucify me for making humongous posts...
    Are you referring to the fact that Ringo basically trashed Ikki with that last move? If so, that's not really a reason to hate her. Anyone who saw Ikki's eyes when he accepted the challenge from Ringo should know that it was an all-out battle, and given that fighting is a huge part of ATs, it shouldn't be a surprise that it was used.

  6. #26
    SaiST is offline Senior Member Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karsphen View Post
    I mean, we already saw him ride several times the wing road (sometime alone and sometimes with the help of Agito) so seeing him ride the wing road this time isn't all this surprise nor is it spectacular (it's not like this time he managed to ride his road better than the previous ones)
    What makes it noteworthy this time is that he was able to do it on his own power. Without blowing out his A-T, without relying on the shockwave from Agito's Infinity Atmosphere--he was able to accelerate to that point on his own.

    If she didn't give it her all then i guess she wouldn't have sweated over such a triffle matter as following a rider who doesn't even know how to rider well the AT.
    Ikki does ride well. The fact that Ringo couldn't catch up to Ikki under normal circumstances should be proof of that. It's the subtle differences in their transition from trick to trick that make the difference in their run now, no noteable difference in their speed.

    It's just... Finesse? Something that Ringo has gained through experience, which is pointed out in the chapter.

    Even if himself he acknowledge that ringo has done more training in reality the time spent over for it is the same...
    ...

    How is that?

    You say the difference is in the way they practice, not how much time they have practiced, but I see no indication of that. Moreover, this manga started with Ringo as a King.

    While Ringo has worked(and had the time) to perfect every part of her tricks, that doesn't mean that Ikki, comparatively, is bad(or "totally lacking", as you put it) at them.

  7. #27
    goku112 is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    right behind YOU
    Posts
    91

    Default

    I agree with Karpshen though. It was dissapointing, in the sense that at the height of the climax all we receive is this. What was the point of all that training. Ok yeah wing road, but he still got pwned. I also think that reason why he got owned and in a sense lost speed was because of 2 things:

    1. He overestimated himself and believed he was the only one in possession of the Eagle Eye, and thus was shocked when he saw Ringo in posssession of the same eye, which caused him to lose speed.

    2. I also think what caused him to lose, was in a sense a stupid thing. During the Trident saga, he was taught how to ride properly using the "axle heel" (?) and yet here we see him pushing down so hard and losing speed. And about 2-4 times we see his style compared with ringo's and we are instantly reminded of that event, and I believe that was OG's intent. And also to highlight the main difference between Ikki and Ringo, the fact that Ringo practices and Ikki, who has had his ego boosted and praised, tends to rely on his natural ability and not practice at all. And that I believe is what made Ikki lose.

    Even though this is the case, I personally am not satisfied with this ending, Ikki didn't have to get ripped up! I mean I endured the whole Ikki in the hospital training but not so that he could lose at the first opportunity to manifest his new and improved skill. And yes it is like DBZ except when Goku trains, he usually defeats his opponent, here we see the protagonist defeated after rigorous training.

    But if we think about it like that we would have to take Psychological reasons into account as well. Ikki was not in a good state of mind after discovering that Ringo had essentially betrayed him. And if we put ourselves in his shoes, we too would not be able to fight the same knowing that.

    So what do we conclude? Even More Confused.
    [SPOILER]
    Shame on you!
    [/SPOILER]

  8. #28
    vphamv is offline Senior Member Community Builder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    guys, the fight still isnt over! the chapter didnt end saying she won, and of course ikki trained, but he didnt train as much. ringo has way more experience than her so obviously she knows a few more things than ikki does about riding ATs. maybe ikki is more talented, but he just doesnt have as much experience, how can you expect ikki to be so much better than ringo?
    Street Fighter > All


    http://vphamv.deviantart.com/

  9. #29
    StealDragon's Avatar
    StealDragon is offline Super Moderator Community Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NCC-1701
    Posts
    13,444

    Default

    Ringo is a King, not just A king she is THE king. Id expect no less of her. What did you think she was just a pretty face? Shes the fucking leader of Sleeping Forest and the successor to the Sonia Road AND the fucking guardian of Trophaem... Ikki never stood a chance and youre silly for thinking he did.


    I'd like to die with the songs I love stuck in my head. I hope to make the most of these hollow bones we become.
    I raise a toast to the the souls that sang all along. I've been gathering friends to just to make some sounds,
    before the ship goes down, I've been making amends by making the rounds before the whole world ends


    [Chit Chat Specific Forum Rules] // Last Update - Friday March 13, 2009

  10. #30
    Aljaro is offline Member Frequent Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    60

    Default

    xaturas if you always say hints of spoilers your making me anxious to know what happens next... its killing me what happens next

    talking about 134 .... dayum he got pwn. i actually thought he was going to win. looks like he's still far away from pwning her. i also gave her some sympathy or a chance with all those ringo haters im reading around, but noooooooooooooooo she just had to pwn ikki and that made me put her a bit lower than the neutral side. dam you ringo. *whispers* must not hate her *end whisper* eh she not bad, she gota do what she gota do. lol quick change of heart.
    Mr. Al was here

 

 
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin by: ForumThemes.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79